Front disc brake kit for 1981 BJ$@ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You will need knuckles and wheel hubs from a mini truck, 60 series, or disc 40 series. Your spindles, steering arms, locking hubs, and birfs can be reused. There’s a lot of info in the 40 series section but most of it will apply to earlier US models.

Get a knuckle rebuild kit for a disc 40/60/mini truck from cruiser outfitters. You’ll need new rotors and calipers if you don’t get good used ones with the other parts.

Agree with @John in Utah.
And amplifying that a call to @cruiseroutfit will get you everything you need - from knuckles to brake calipers and pads, and even that little brake hard line that goes from the axle/wheel soft line.
It ain't cheap, but not expensive either, by cruiser-part/significant modification standards.
Been a while since I updated my build thread, but I did touch on this conversion (not NEARLY to the level of some of the old hands here).
Good luck. HTH.
TDC.-

you might have to source 60 rotors and then drill pattern to suit your Bj40.
There is no need to drill anything. Same rotors than 40’s.

In several markets, i.e. the Middle East, they still had (till the end of production).

Where might I find info and suppliers for a front Disc conversion?

Joe,

Buy a second hand FJ60/62 front axle assembly. It will bolt up to your 40 housing from the knuckles outward.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom