Front diff seals- leave alone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexLexican

SILVER Star
Threads
As I'm already pulling the CVs the biggest PITA for me were the seals. Sure, they are cheap, but is the risk of installing incorrectly really worth it? The old ones (99' 300K miles) were relatively fine. Pliable and not leaking previously. This is not rubber located in the engine bay where the elements take more of a toll. What do they experts say?

Nope- replace every time you pull the the axles. Learning to install the seal is easy-there’s dozens of photos here. Or buy the install tool from WitsEnd and it’s “nearly “fool proof-

As I'm already pulling the CVs the biggest PITA for me were the seals. Sure, they are cheap, but is the risk of installing incorrectly really worth it? The old ones (99' 300K miles) were relatively fine. Pliable and not leaking previously. This is not rubber located in the engine bay where the elements take more of a toll. What do they experts say?
As my luck has it, when I pull the CVs, the seals usually leak after being disturbed. Doesn't matter whether it's a Toyota or Nissan. I just replace them as part of the job. The new WitsEnd seal press tool is a great help.

Nope- replace every time you pull the the axles. Learning to install the seal is easy-there’s dozens of photos here. Or buy the install tool from WitsEnd and it’s “nearly “fool proof-
This x2 and use OEM or NOK seals only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom