Front CV inner axle question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
DL131970.jpg
Started to install my new Nitro 30/30 front CV axles today.
Took a look at them to compare with my original axles. Only differences other than they are more stout were the Nitro axle half's are about 1/8 or less shorter compared to originals.
I decided to test install the right side with the short axle, all went well until the "c" clip install for the locking hub, barely got the "C" clip on and only a small amount of lateral play in the spindle outer end.
Put the newly rebuilt Aisin locking hubs on and placed it in the lock position turned the wheel and heard the inner gear snap in. Now the question -
I grabbed the front drive shaft and rotated it to see and hear if the inner axle and joint are rotating, but I hear no rotation and feel no movement inside the knuckle. Should I have movement as described above or do I need both axles installed :doh: to get a some sort of indication the axle/hub are working.

Before buying I did call Nitro home office and told them that I have a 82-45 with FJ62 knuckles/disc's installed and using stock Aisin locking hubs, reply was that this kit will work.

DL131967.jpg
DL131972.jpg
DL131979.jpg

DL132005.jpg

DL131970.jpg

You need to install the other axle or the side of the dif without an axle installed will just spin.

Pete

You know Pete, I should of known that - :bang:

All good, 4x4 test was excellent, she's a monster again.

Sweet!

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom