Front catalytic converter - chirping noise ? - audio sample posted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When my bracket was broken, and before I knew it. A piece of metal would rub on another piece of metal making a sound you wouldn't expect in that area, kinda a metal squeak. May want to look for something a little less obvious than the cat itself? Just a suggestion.

clicked on your link......now I have a new song automatically downloaded into my iTunes. I dont hear a chirping sound though.

When my bracket was broken, and before I knew it. A piece of metal would rub on another piece of metal making a sound you wouldn't expect in that area, kinda a metal squeak. May want to look for something a little less obvious than the cat itself? Just a suggestion.

I got underneath and gave the cats a good shake and wiggle test to recreate any squeaking noises. Couldn't create a peep whether she's running or stopped.

clicked on your link......now I have a new song automatically downloaded into my iTunes. I dont hear a chirping sound though.

Turn up the volume and you might hear it better.

It's the high pitched chirping or squeaking sound.... not the lower pitched rhythmic clicking... that's my engine

I just checked again and there's absolutely no doubt that the "chirping" noises are localized to the front catalytic converter. Short of burning my ear, I had it right up there. Sounds like a nest a newly hatched birds inside the cat. No clear rhythm can be made out.

Curious...

I’m having the same sound. I can’t locate the specific location. I’m thinking as mentioned above that I may be a busted bracket. Will update after further digging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom