Front bumpers... help me understand something (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
What's up with the 100 Series bumper options - other than the Blueberry, all being so similar. I'll admit, I can't tell the difference between an ARB, TJM, IronMan, etc. Is there something structurally about the 100 frame/cross member that dictates this design? Is it the winch mounting that drives this? With past vehicles, CJs, FJC, etc. there were lots of very different options.

Someone school me. ;)

3413050.jpg

tjm001-1-450.jpg

protector9.jpg

UZJ100_arbsahara.jpg

My guess (and it is only a guess) Is supply and demand .....not many 100 owners so not large supply of manufacturers. This as compared to the LARGE number of jeeps.

I think a lot of it is driven by the 100's frame. It sticks out a lot in the front and most people don't want to cut it to mount a bumper.

This is more of a rant but,

Other than the blueberry, which looks like it has a weird underbite and doesn't match the 100's design well, all the bumper options seem to make the 100 even longer. I know Snook and some other people have trimmed the ARB bumpers to get a closer fit, but why can't anyone build a bumper that shortens the truck and improves the approach angle?

The best solution I can figure is to get a Sahara and cut it and the frame to shorten it up.

Look at Bump it Offroad's. I'm planning on ordering one of this soon. Looking at the pics it doesn't seem to stick out as much as the others.

Charger1... did the fabricator who built your bumper chop the frame at all? Did he build a winch mount - behind that license plate?
Yours appears to much less overhang than the off-the-shelf bumpers...

attachment.php

He didnt say if he cut any off just that he boxed in the end and i didnt think to ask. He designed it so when i do get a winch we can do some notching and reinforcing so it will drop in without having to pull it forward. I'm toying with the idea of having a receiver welded in instead and using the warn cradle so i can use it in back if i want.

Charger1 : that is one of the best looking bumpers I have seen for the 100 series.

Charger1 : that is one of the best looking bumpers I have seen for the 100 series.

I agree! I'd even be fine if that one protruded another few inches. Very nice work. Charger 1 - would you post up a profile shot? Thanks!

I think this really only applies to TJMs bumper being a near direct copy of ARBs (for some of TJMs bumpers). Look at the FJ Cruiser bumper that TJM just came out with. It looks near identical to the ARB.

charger1 said:
Some pics as requested

Looks great. Although I'm no expert in this field, shouldn't there be a bit bigger gap between the bumper and fenders to allow for flexing??

ARB is the company that tend to set the trend,most other fabricators just follow therefore a lot of ARB copies.Rember it cost heaps to get a bullbar to comply with airbags and alike so let the big boys do the hard work copy most and change the cosmetics,maybe through in some leds or driving light holes and you have a winner

Clean, low profile bumper. I have no other info.

Izobrazhenie-092_f69a9.750.jpg

Izobrazhenie-096_76ff9.750.jpg

Izobrazhenie-094_58647.750.jpg

Last edited:
Rear looks stock-like too. But I'm guessing the steel is on the thinner side to make those bends.

Izobrazhenie-102_d9107.750.jpg

Izobrazhenie-097_acd7e.750.jpg

Izobrazhenie-101_6008e.750.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom