Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice

Great lookin' front bumper. Me likey. Are you going to weld on any struts/tubing to protect the lights etc. ?
:beer:
-Carl

got 1.5" tube sitting in the garage waiting to be bent. I might start this weekend. I want to add a piece that follows the stock grill profile for some lights and a section around each headlight for added protection.

Just a thought, you know your pivot point on your rear swing arm is going to need to be somewhere past what you currently have (or all take place below the lowest point of your tailgate) in order to be out of the way for opening right?

or are you going to plate to the corners like the front?

the rear is going to resemble the front.( still need to add the end pieces) I also want to cap the ends with a custom part that kind of matches the body line indent.

GLTHFJ60, the 60 was my motivation to finally learn how to weld, hopefully your M416 will do the same for you.:)

Right on man!
My cruiser is what forced me to learn to weld too!
Im diggin that front bumper! It came out really nice when you added the side deals covering the rest of the front.
I plan on something similar when I get the V8 and stuff in.

Great job.

Chicago

Thanks for the comp's Chicago!

SouthCoastMudder, don't have any pics of the end parts before i mounted them. did the work at my shop on Sunday and was kind of in a hurry. the back will be real similar so i'll try to make sure to get more pics. real simple though...3x6 rectangle tube, 1/4" wall. used a bandsaw and plasma for the cutbacks and capped with 1/4" plate.

cleaned and painted up for now.
CIMG3044.jpg

Sexy
:cheers:
-Carl

added light bar. my first attempt at tube bending. cutbacks really sucked and took a while for me to figure out. better get more practice, the parts around the lights will be alot more difficult.:bang:
CIMG3054.jpg
CIMG3056.jpg

That's awesome dude! Hope you don't mind if you use some of your ideas to fab myself a new bumper. Thanks! :wrench:

Nice work, man!

Are you welding that with sticks or with a wire feed machine?

Nice work man,I wish I could weld. I can't so I'll be buying an ARB in the next few months and putting her on when I get home. On your OME, I'm running the HD. What length Shackles are those? I have anti-inversions but I would like to get some more lift out of my Springs.

Thanks and nice job again.

That's awesome dude! Hope you don't mind if you use some of your ideas to fab myself a new bumper. Thanks! :wrench:
no problemo! I get alot of my ideas from everyone on here.

Rigger, using a wire fed Miller with .035 hardwire.

boerboel313, the shackles I am running are the HFS 2.5 over stock ones. thanks for all the comp's guys!

Thanks Much...... Oh and did you install shims? and if so what angle? I've had my wife take the cruiser in to have the casters measured, not sure what they came out to be.
Thaks again.

Last edited:
have not installed shims yet. still need alignment and castor angle checked to determine the correct ones to use.

I'd like to hear what they are and what shims you go with if any.
Thanks.

Very Nice. How much length of the 6x3 box did you use? How much did you angle up the ends? (looks like maybe you went up about 2"?) Are the mounts 1/2" ?

Thanks! (looking to make my version shortly!)

MrMoMo-the length of the main 6x3 was outside diameter of the frame plus 1.5". The mounts are 3/4" and coped into the tube. The cutbacks on the end sections are 2.5".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom