Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

my goodol84 build

Just wanted to post a couple pics of my front bumper that I have been working on. It's not very pretty yet but it's STOUT.:beer: I still have to add both end sections and maybe some 1 1/2" tube for a light bar.
CIMG3027.jpg
CIMG3026.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, gonna make a winch mount when I can afford one. Got any pics of your bumpers?? I've been obsessed with them lately. So many different things you can do but I just want something functional that isn't chrome. What's a radiator??:confused:

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

I made a real simple one a few weeks ago. I stole the idea from YODA 88's bumper. I'm not crazy about the color so I'll probably paint it black. It only weighs 35 lbs and I only used about $35 worth of the steel that I bought. Note the ghetto shop heater in the first pic!
Winch Bumper 004 (Medium).jpg
Winch Bumper 011 (Medium).jpg

Thanks for all the ideas and feedback guys! I'll keep posting pics as I go. I may work on the back bumper a bit before I go further with the front.

FJ60Cam, that bumper is nice!! I like the fact that it's light weight too.

Last edited:

That looks awesome. Instead of cutting large pieces out like i did to run the wires, use a whole saw and rubber gommets. It would be much easier to do and look a lot cleaner.
Mine wieghs considerably more than yours since i used 1/4" and 3/8" (around 60lbs). It is a little over kill but it adds weight which may yield more traction. Again, great job.

I made a real simple one a few weeks ago. I stole the idea from YODA 88's bumper. I'm not crazy about the color so I'll probably paint it black. It only weighs 35 lbs and I only used about $35 worth of the steel that I bought. Note the ghetto shop heater in the first pic!

I like simple too. There is a Ramsey RE 8000 buried in there and the license plate flips down over the fairliead. (No I don't normally drive around with the rats nest, it was quicker to keep things moving on a trail)

Tony
winch bumper.jpg

Last edited:
Not a whole lot of progress but cleaned it up a bit and threw the shackles on. I'll probably paint it as is for now. Designed the rear tonight and will post pics when I get the first part mounted up.
CIMG3031.jpg
CIMG3032.jpg

finally a little progress

here's some recent front bumper pics. its been a while but finally had some time now that i got her runnin. she's now my daily driver! feels like I drive a tractor though!:steer:
CIMG3038.jpg
CIMG3039.jpg
CIMG3040.jpg

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

It's gorgeous man! I wish my cruiser was that clean.

Two things though, throw some weight in the rear to work those springs in and keep working on it! She's coming along great.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

will do. thanks for the advice! BTW I want your trailer! my next project after the 60 comes along a little more!
Good call! You've obviously got welding experience, but I need to develop mine so I'm going to use my trailer as a first try. I've welded before, but only TIG and only once, so we'll see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom