Front Bumper Fog Light Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking to add a couple auxiliary lights/fog lights to my front bumper since the headlights just aren't cutting it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay with round lights to match the headlights, but any recommendations as to which brand, what size, and how to mount them on the front bumper? Also any insight as to the best way to wire them so I can have an independent switch maybe under the steering wheel? Thanks in advance,

OEM fogs are great if you can find them.

There's a dash switch available too.

i-pDSVnsL-M.jpg

Is there a factory spot on the dash or did you just wire it where you wanted it?
I had a couple of extra holes in the dash for the switch. I connected power to the running/parking light circuit on the harness up front.

SOR has a oem style kit if that suits your fancy. I wired mine with the provided wires and switch.

I also went with the SOR fog lights. No complaints in the 5 years of use and they are much more reasonably priced; even with their ridiculous shipping costs.

Fotor_15984638476187.jpg

Last edited:
Lamp:

I take it back the brackets came from Amayama.

Yes sir. I’ll shoot you the details.

Before these became popular scored a pair of OEM fog lights and brackets off eBay for $75. No one else bid on them. Seller was on Mud at the time and convinced him to bring just brackets in as those were harder to find while fog lights can be purchased thru US dealers. He sold those on Mud for $50 a set. Many including myself had a set minus the bracket. Another past member lived in Japan for a while and I got replacement lamps.

My original plan was to install them on early Cruisers. But that's changed. Would be interested in OEM fog light switches if you have information.

I offer 3 Unique and Different FOG / AUX PULL Switch Kits for FJ40 and FJ55 All 100% Toyota Genuine NEW / NOS Parts :

Both OEM NON-USA and SEMA Spec. NON-USA Versions Available ......

- each comes with a 100% OEM Toyota YAZAKI parts maker service spec connector pig tail connector

i hand make in-house at the skunk works lab !

DSCN9809_2048x.JPG

1635309484074.png

1635309509240.png

DSCN6662_2048x.jpg

DSCN2453_2048x.jpg

DSCN9810_d2b9adf9-1d8c-4e97-9a07-f8eca8226cf9_2048x.JPG

DSCN9811_2048x.JPG

DSCN9812_2048x.JPG

DSCN9814_2048x.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom