Front Bumper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
.....and a front to match the rear (previously posted). Alls that left is for the fabricator to cut the hole for the fairlead once I buy the winch and of course to have then both line-x sprayed.
IMAG0407[1].jpg
IMAG0408[1].jpg
IMAG0409[1].jpg

very nice work. what plate thickness did he use?

Sorry for the poor English. The post should have read:

.....and a front to match the rear (previously posted). All that is left, is for the fabricator to cut the hole for the fairlead once I buy the winch and of course to have them both line-x sprayed....lol!

As for the plate thickness, I will ask when I pick it up tomorrow and let you know.

why line-x? it expensive, and if it chips off due to scratches might be more $$$
when i built my bumber, i used flat black, and whenever it get scratched i just spray over...
im cheap..
you dont need to line-x the winch either.

nice looking bumber btw

.....and a front to match the rear (previously posted). Alls that left is for the fabricator to cut the hole for the fairlead once I buy the winch and of course to have then both line-x sprayed.

how much does something like that cost??

my guess is material was 2-$500, + labour @ say 5-6hr X xx$/hr

why line-x? it expensive, and if it chips off due to scratches might be more $$$
when i built my bumber, i used flat black, and whenever it get scratched i just spray over...
im cheap..
you dont need to line-x the winch either.

nice looking bumber btw

my guess is material was 2-$500, + labour @ say 5-6hr X xx$/hr

I ended up rattle canning as per your adbice and they look great....pics to come.

Pics Painted

Rattle canned and I actually like it. Now I need to buy my winch so I can have the fabricator cut it for the fairlead.

I also added a pic of the rattle canned rear bumper. I am going to get the second swing out fabbed for a jerry can and my hi-jack or just jerry cans and my hi-jack on the other swing arm next to the tire. Thoughts?

Tube sliders next.....
DSCF2245.jpg
DSCF2242.jpg
DSCF2243.jpg

All that work and your plate is zip tied on?:lol Looks great! Still in ABQ? I'd like to check it out!

Still in ALB. LOL at the zip tie comment. However, those are the best shoelaces money can by. My fabricator is making me a holder and it keeps APD off me.....

Let me know and you can check it out. Where in ALB are you and are you driving a 60?

All that work and your plate is zip tied on?:lol Looks great! Still in ABQ? I'd like to check it out!

Hey now. My bumper has been finished for a while and that's still how I do mine haha. Granted I don't really have any other way to keep it back there yet.

Still in ALB. LOL at the zip tie comment. However, those are the best shoelaces money can by. My fabricator is making me a holder and it keeps APD off me.....

Let me know and you can check it out. Where in ALB are you and are you driving a 60?

Westside... I do have a 60.

I agree--very nice F/R bumpers!! Keep us updated when you get the sliders done--maybe a few more detailed pics as well--you are ahead of me about 6 months--
LCDiesel60
Oregon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom