Front brakes for Aussie BJ42, am I losing my mind, or is SOR? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, after SOR sending me the REAR shoes and drums in stead of the 3" wide FRONT shoes and drums, the "right" shoes came in, finally. Except that they don't friggin' fit :mad: :bang: . They look almost identical, onlly that the hole for the pin & spring that holds the shoe to the backing plate is in the wrong place by about 3/8" on two axes. See for yourself, the new (wrong) shoes are at the bottom. So, am I off my trolley, or is SOR?
100_0231.jpg

Do they line if you flip them over?

When in doubt, you can usually assume SOR is, in fact, wrong.

no, backwars, forwards, upsidedown, insideout. Just wont line up. Maybe rear shoes from a '44 or '47?

Mine are Bendix part number 04494-60020. Searching around on the internet it seems that the might be the same as: TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 87..87 FJ62 4000 BJ60 3400 DIESEL 4000 DIESEL

The Bendix application guide is here but the part number on my package isn't in that guide.

Here's a photo of my BJ42 front shoes.

I dunno what has happened here in NZ with these brake shoes.

Suddenly lots of them have appeared on the market from different sellers at very cheap prices. (I'm assuming a wholesaler has recently dumped "obsolete stock".)

Here you can buy a whole set (both sides of one axle) for just $20 NZ (which must be about $10US):

K255 Landcruiser Front Brakeshoes for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand

:cheers:

PS. This offer closes today so if you're late in clicking on this link you'll probably find nothing. (However do a search on "K255" on Trademe and I'm sure you'll find others for sale at similar prices.)

Ok, it's cool. I got SOR to admit that they sent the wrong stuff (yet again), and they got the right units sent out. Thanks for all replies...

You got it. No roll bar either. and the drums on the front are a half inch wider than the rear.

Everyone seems to be pretty happy with the performance of the drum units. I never had any rouble with the old FJ40. I'll swap the front axle out one day.

The Ausssie BJ43 LX, had the AC, PS, disc brakes and three windshield wipers. So it was an option.

Everyone seems to be pretty happy with the performance of the drum units. I never had any rouble with the old FJ40. I'll swap the front axle out one day.

x2 I'm fine with my drums.

That said, be ready for some serious leg work if you try to stop on a hill after a water crossing... phew!!!

Turbo and power steering first, disc brakes are low on the list right now.

Ok, it's cool. I got SOR to admit that they sent the wrong stuff (yet again), and they got the right units sent out. Thanks for all replies...
Hey There. My {NZ} 1981 BJ42 needa front shoes and or drums > Do yhou have the correct SOR numbers by chance??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom