Front Brake pad replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1 hour and 47 minutes. 20 minutes messing with a new floor jack that was to short. One of the easiest car repairs on the LC. 1/2 a banana job. I need a floor jack that will be tall enough. Any recommendations?

brakes are easy :banana:

thought they would be harder than that before I did mine. Did you flush the system?

Front pads are easy, but the rotors are a PITA because you have to re-pack the wheel bearings every time you take them off. I'm assuming Toyota intended for this so you're basically forced to re-grease them every time. Rear rotors are a snap.

I got a Arcon 3.5t quick lift thats big but real good.Saw some BIG RED's on sale at tsc got mine from northern tool but they out of stock

Best investment was good jacks. No more bottle jacks,concrete blocks and wood boards added togeather. I went American made jacks, Hein-Werner. Great jacks. MIke

I got a Arcon 3.5t quick lift thats big but real good.Saw some BIG RED's on sale at tsc got mine from northern tool but they out of stock

I believe that Northern Tool has the Arcon jack on sale currently.
Price is $109. Very good jack.

I have the "standard" Harbor Freight one. That isn't necessarily enough for the front end all the time, so I just add the little bottle-jack adapter into the lift tray and that takes care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom