front brake line hose skiiping backing plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
front brake line hose skipping backing plate

does anybody know the approximate length of either of these hoses .

front axle outer hoses (skips backing plate) - NAPA 38881 (longer) or 38878 (shorter)

napa in canada does not have them in local wharehouse .on monday she will check other wharehouse . if she finds either one she is going to bring them in for me just wondering what the actual lenghts are . thanks

Last edited:
don't know about prices in canada, but in colorado, it's only about $10 more for stainless custom lines. i got 4" over stock ss lines for about $20/ea

where in colorado?

I think the measurements are like 12" and 8" or something like that - I had stainless braided lines made and it was only like $10 more than the special order Raybestos hoses

Any hydraulic hose or hot rod shop should be able to hook you up with custom lines

I used the NAPA 38881 (longer) ones for my cruiser

I used banjo fittings fron clutch master cylinders on the calipers and it worked good

I also have the 4x4 labs hysteer :D
bakelinecloseup.jpg

Banjo fittings for brakes?
I was thinkin' that too, but the speedshop guy persuaded me otherwise...
Anybody else using banjos?

greencruiser said:
I used the NAPA 38881 (longer) ones for my cruiser

I used banjo fittings fron clutch master cylinders on the calipers and it worked good

I also have the 4x4 labs hysteer :D
2004_0630Image0002.JPG

Pighead said:
Banjo fittings for brakes?
I was thinkin' that too, but the speedshop guy persuaded me otherwise...
Anybody else using banjos?

Everybody with an 80 series cruiser...

Mine use banjos, they are exactly what Downey sells, I just took the Downey pic and the old hoses and new calipers and they copied it exactly. I wish I had a swivel on the lines made up for the rears - kind of a pain to get the banjo fittings oriented right.

Pighead said:
Oh. Never mind...

Yep. Not so sure I am a fan though.

One plus is that they do not round off so easily like flare fittings, somewhat more robust. But it is awfully easy to lose the copper crush washer, or install it dirty and thus have potential for a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom