Front body mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, today I noticed this on the front passenger side body mount. I’m new to landcruiser, however, I did read somewhere that this is a potential weak spot. So, a couple of questions on this. First, is there any possibility of this happening with out a lot of off-roading? The reason I ask it’s because the rest of the vehicle looks like it as never even seen a dirt road.
Second questions is about repairing this. From what I’m seeing, I would just hammer it back in place and then weld it solid. Any tips, tricks or things to be concerned about when I go to do this?

Thanks Guys
F4E9350A-BA50-4F16-B4DE-D70DDC13A2D2.jpeg
69941212-50F5-49F5-86C9-7ACB9B2F9514.jpeg

that bolt w/out a washer was the first thing that I noticed.....

that has hit something very hard in the past thats for sure
the only 'weak spot' potentially in that area is around the steering box mounting but thats usually with lots of 'heavy' off roading

as far as fixing it, it be more inclined to cut one off a wreck and re weld altogether. Theres a fair bit of rust there and thats a clean break / tear, not like the weld let go

Where'd you read that it's a "weak spot"?
I remember where I saw this now. It was a YouTube video of a guy reviewing the things to look out for when buying your first landcruiser. I’ll link it in here if I can find it.

So, today I noticed this on the front passenger side body mount. I’m new to landcruiser, however, I did read somewhere that this is a potential weak spot. So, a couple of questions on this. First, is there any possibility of this happening with out a lot of off-roading? The reason I ask it’s because the rest of the vehicle looks like it as never even seen a dirt road.
Second questions is about repairing this. From what I’m seeing, I would just hammer it back in place and then weld it solid. Any tips, tricks or things to be concerned about when I go to do this?

Thanks GuysView attachment 3253105View attachment 3253106
Because that is a body mount, you can hammer it back into place and weld it to the other part of the bracket without any "consequences".

However, you may want to seriously consider getting one from a salvage cruiser @slow95z or @arcteryx may be able to find one for you.

Then you'll be welding back to the frame and you MUST do that welding properly since it will be direct to the frame.

That looks like collision damage and possible a frame machine got hold of that truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom