front axle service parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm looking to put a locker up front. I figure I may as well do the rebuild and stronger birf. The problem is that doing all of it will exceed my budget-it's close. I'll have more money later this summer, so I'm going to put it off and buy a winch. (those of you good at math will figure out it's an el cheapo winch!)

I'm having a hard time figuring out which parts I'll need for the rebuild. I've looked at cruiseroutfitter and Marlin. They are close in pricing. I'm just wondering if their kits are complete, or will I need other parts. I've never done a project like this (although I have access to good mechanics) and want all my ducks in a row so that I can do it all at once and quickly ( I don't have a garage!). Any help would be appreciated.

When I searched, my computor is too slow to look at the pics in the FAQ.

P.S. I know I need an FSM

most of the kits are everything except the inner and outer wheel bearings and races. expect to pay about $100-110 for the kit, then another $60 or so from a local bearing source for the inner/outer wheel bearing kits.

To completely service your knuckles:
1 - FA7590 Knuckle Rebuild Kit w/Koyo Knuckle Bearings - $87
2 - FAWBK2 Koyo Wheel Bearing Kit - $80 for both sides (with purchase of FA7590)

As for the labor, read this:
http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/tech/axle/index.html

Hope that helps :D

Thanks Kurt, it sure does help!! Pictures even!! whoohoo!!!

It'll be another paycheck before I do this, so I'll bookmark it!!

timbercruiser said:
Thanks Kurt, it sure does help!! Pictures even!! whoohoo!!!

It'll be another paycheck before I do this, so I'll bookmark it!!

Glad I could help, let me know! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom