Front Axle Rebuild Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone bought the front axle rebuild kit from Cool Cruisers? If so, what do you think of it? Thanks.

mine came from cruiseroutfitters.com....added about 10 extra inner seals too for those future shaft breakages....haven't installed it yet tho, still waiting for my 4340 inner shafts and my 4x4Labs steering arms....

two best prices on kits are:
liquid offroad
cruiseroutfittters

...and everyone sells the same kit (koyo bearings etc). CCoT etc just are not being competitive price wise.

Call Robert at Liquid Off-road. Great guy, great prices and cust. service.

Call Curt at Cruiser Outfitters. Great guy, great prices and cust. service.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think I'm going to go w/ this from Marlin Crawler next time -

knucklekit_500.jpg

It's $95 plus $39 per side for Koyo wheel bearings. Pretty good deal IMO. Here's a linky.

Tucker

that is the same kit as liquid sells for ~$80

Looks like the same kit Cruiser Outfitters carries as well. Also a bit less money. You might be thinkin' you'll get better customer service at a bigger shop like that, but I highly doubt it. Never purchased anything form Marlin, so I couldn't say for sure, but I do know that Cruiser Outfitters does their best to help you out and if they can't help you, they'll give you a few good suggestions on who can.

-Ferg-

I got mine from Cruiseroutfitters. Curt was great to deal with and did not charge much to ship it. Don't forget to get the wiper kit as well. Most of the kits do not come with it.
just my .02

Thanks for your input everyone. I am now thinking that I should do a mini truck disc brake conversion. I was going to do the axle rebuild plus a total brake job. Is there anyone out there that believe drum brakes up front are still the way to go?

go right ahead and get your junk from the other guys, $39 extra per side for KOYO's?? what a joke!!!!
i'm stickin with cruiseroutfitters

BTW mustard the rebuild kits will work with either disc or drum so it doesnt matter if you buy it now and decide to do or not do the disc conv..

liquid offroad had the most complete kit available and the best price IMHO

got mine from cruiseroutfitters also!

Do any of these kits come with the wheel bearing? Does one have to even bother with the wheel bearings while doing a knuckle rebuild?

kits don't come with wheel bearings. unless you have burnt one, just repack and get on the road. Wheel bearings are also MUCH cheaper from bearing supply houses (mostly Timken) and I think they are under $55 per axle. Note, they do not sell the correct taper koyo knuckle bearings in the US and toyota engineers spec that type vs the common US size for the knuckle/kingpin application- I believe JT outfitters uses a US spec bearing/race (as it is not a koyo).

Liquid off road also offers a 'delux' kit with wipers (zinc half moons NOT shown in the Marlin kit) and new nut kits (the big 54mm nuts) that often get hammered by bad mechanics over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom