Front Axle Racket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the past few weeks, maybe since I switch to the fj60 axles my front axle has been making very loud obnoxious popping noises, its coming from the driver’s side. I'm pretty sure it is just my lockwronge doing this just to piss me off. I have been running the lockright for 2-3 years in my fj40 axles and I swapped thirds into the new axles. It didn't make these noises during that time, well at least not 3 times a minute. I think my square shaft might have something to do with it as there is plenty of slop in it that I have yet to remedy.

Anyway my understanding is that I most likely have the innards shimmed incorrectly, anyone got a part number and a spec?

Could I have broken one of the pins in the lockright and still have it working?

To recap:
Front axle is pissing me off, only on driver’s side
Fj60 housing fj40 third
Lock wrong
Longs, mar tacked inner
aisins
Square front shaft

Feel free to shed any light on my situation as it is much appreciated :cheers:

dollars to donuts it is the martacs letting the axles in too far and the birf bell is wacking the inside if the axle ball right behind the trunion bearings . It only takes like 1/8 in. in too far and wack , wack wack, plus with the extra width the lockwrong is gonna pop at different times than when you were used to with the 40 axles. Even tho you got martac did you still put the snap ring or bolt and washer on the end of birf inside the lockout ???????

Humm, interesting idea. I do have the snap rings in place at the end of the birfeilds. I still think it may be the lockright itself, a lot of the time the poping occures when going staight, not turned. Let me know what you thinkl :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom