Front AHC shock replacement procedure?

To do the front top lock nut, you don't need a strap wrench or antyhing since the top cushion retainer has a locater in it to prevent twisting with the oval-shaped hole and flat sides that hold the shock shaft for you (at least my 06 does).

You can see them in this video at the 3:57 minute mark above post-sandblaster.

To do the front top lock nut, you don't need a strap wrench or antyhing since the top cushion retainer has a locater in it to prevent twisting with the oval-shaped hole and flat sides that hold the shock shaft for you (at least my 06 does).

You can see them in this video at the 3:57 minute mark above post-sandblaster.
Yes to a locating tab, but no to holding the shaft in place. The plate with the locating pic has a round bore, unlike the flat sided shaft.

The tab is to keep the plates, and oval shaped bushing oriented properly, not hold the shaft.

So, strap still required.

030F2E76-808D-4D7C-A2EE-2A841765EB01.jpeg

I got lucky on mine then!

Great to have all the tools :)

Great to have all the tools :)
that is cabinet #2, and has been heavily modified from delivery, cabinet #3 will be a pressure delivery for sure! The oven, and spray booth are all hand made. The press is factory, but we have made a bunch of press dies and alignment plates.

Myself, garage.

Here’s vid

@harshjay Did you notice a difference in the ride? Everyone on here keeps saying the ride quality is more a globe function and not the shocks . How is your ride quality different now? Very curious to know

@harshjay Did you notice a difference in the ride? Everyone on here keeps saying the ride quality is more a globe function and not the shocks . How is your ride quality different now? Very curious to know
absolutely. the bottoming / clanking is gone. Also, the squish is reduced, so my wheel doesn't kiss the fender anymore! Quieter within cabin as well having some more rubber damping, vs the hockey pucks I pulled out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom