1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front AHC Down After Tire Install

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by MaineiacMoose, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:01 PM.

1. MaineiacMoose

MaineiacMoose

Sighhh

SO I went and had some tires installed on my day off this week. Everything was fine for 100 miles or so. Now the front end is in the low position and the whole system is non functioning. I guess my question would be is there a reset for the system or am I looking at replacing parts? I have just replaced a sensor in the front that had a broken bracket and the system worked fine for the last couple of thousand miles. Currently everything looks intact.

Truck has 237K miles and is in meh shape.

Would I be better off just pulling the trigger on a lift? I am at a serious lack of time off in my life to mess with lots of trouble shooting. Winter is coming fast!

Thanks for any ideas fellas.

Maineiac

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BillZ260

BillZ260

Media:
    Check the sensors on the front and check to see that they didn't knock one loose or something simple. I have one that I lost the adjustment screw while driving, but my system just went into OFF mode, never dropped down. It's zip tied up for now.

3. YvesNL

YvesNL

Probably just one of your front height sensors. Do you have Techstream and a VCI cable?

First do a visual check, check for bent brackets, loose screws/connectors or missing items.
    If everything is OK try you can wiggle/jack the car up a little bit, maybe there is bad contact.

To know what is wrong you need to measure the signal that comes from the sensor to the ECU.
    You can probe the connector at the back of the ECU and see what signal is applied to the input of the ECU.

If you don't fancy measuring on the ECU you can also check the height sensors off the car like FSM. This will only test the sensor, not the cables to the ECU:
    test front sensor.PNG
    Some pictures of opened up sensors can be seen here.

If you want a lift you can either swap out the AHC for conventional springs, expensive option and a lot of work to do nicely.
    You could also go for an "AHC Sensor Lift", crank the torsion bars and install other springs/spacers in the rear to take pressures back to normal. More info with a quick search.

4. MaineiacMoose

MaineiacMoose

Thanks for the input fellas I will take some pictures of everything when I find the time to tear into the ole girl. I have not invested in Techstream or a cable yet. A family member works as a Toyota tech I am going to see if he can borrow a computer lol. I am hoping that something just got knocked loose. I don't have a real good feeling about the suspension going down though. Lets hope for the simple fix!

Maineiac