Front ABS Wheel Speed Sensor - 2 types - which one - OR - is there a difference? -- See Pics Attached (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered replacements that were supposed to be compatible with my 2006 LC. I went to replace them and noticed they are different than the ones already on there. They came without the harness. The current ones on the truck have more of a pronounced cylindrical stub (see attached). The new ones I have on hand don't have that. Did I screw up my order? Anyone know if they are interchangeable or if there is a difference?

My check engine, and ABS and TRAC lights are on. They have been on for some time now. Have had the replacements but wanted to get clarity on the difference between these two parts before pulling them off. Very recently the wheels have been doing a spinning on very low speed turns (parking lot, etc)-- pretty noticeable spin/skid. I am hoping the replacements will address this recent issue and the lights. FYI, have not had any audible alarms which sometimes arise with the ABS / Trac. I have never noticed anything different at regular speeds but only very slow /crawls/ idle speeds.

Thanks in advance.

2021-09-11_15-39-03 Front ABS Wheel Sensor.jpg

2021-09-11_15-38-47 Front ABS Wheel Sensor.jpg

2021-09-11_15-38-47 Front ABS Wheel Sensor 34.jpg

The bottom two pics look like the ones on my 2002. They come complete with harness and brackets, as shown.
No idea what the one in the top pic is for....

yes, I mentioned the bottom is the same as what I have on, but am asking if they are interchangeable. Awhile back I entered "ABS wheel speed sensor" into Amazon and here's more or less a pic what was said to be compatible with my 2006 LC which is what I bought. I bought these months ago and so I'm outside the return window. I saw a video on Youtube of someone changing their sensors and they didn't change the harness which is a bit more involved even for the fronts. At the time I figured the harness and connectors were good and that dirt/debris got into the actual sensors so why bother spending/replacing the whole thing. I will likely get a multi-meter and check the harness and connections regardless now that I'm jammed up. Just thought I'd do both fronts while I was at it since the truck has 240k+ now. Taking a closer look the harness may not even have those connections. Thanks Amazon!

2021-09-12_9-47-24.jpg

Last edited:
I would say no. Based on the pics you posted, that aftermarket sensor is a 2-pin design while OEM has a 4-pin connector. Also, the OEM sensor has the pigtail that goes all the way up into the engine bay. The aftermarket sensor has the connector right at the sensor. You would have to create a harness extension or butcher the OEM harness to reach the aftermarket sensor. Not worth it IMHO, stick with OEM

Thanks, I see what you are saying. So much for blindly relying on Amazon's compatibility assurances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom