From which manual/book was this illustration scanned/captured? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this illustration on a vendor website (for a TC Rebuild Kit).

Question: From what literature was this image captured?

The fact that it has part numbers is super interesting/useful. I have experience with Mid-1960s Fords which have "Master Parts Catalogs" that have illustrations like this with base part numbers... which you then use to lookup complete part numbers within the accompanying tables/lists of parts. Is there such a thing for 1987 Landcruisers?

Thanks!
kevin

part numbers.gif

just checked...not the FSM. I suspect there is a parts book. I'll check through my docs and see if I have it.

I don't have a copy but I think its the EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog)

this site might be the same info:

Last edited:
I use Toyota parts catalog - https://toyota-usa.epc-data.com/ which has similar diagrams as shown in the other other suggestions. But it is not related to a parts seller. Those numbers on the diagrams are not part numbers, but something referred to as a PNC. It is like a location identifier. Different year or model vehicles could have the same PNC (as for an alternator) but different part numbers depending on the specifics of the vehicle.

The information below comes from a PDF copy of the Toyota Parts Microfiche. WGG is for USA vehicles and WGV for Canada. But this reference may only apply to North America. The link above takes you to the USA (NA) data, but you can also jump to Japan, Europe and Other Areas.

1663716663610.png

I use Toyota parts catalog - https://toyota-usa.epc-data.com/ which has similar diagrams as shown in the other other suggestions. But it is not related to a parts seller.
Super helpful, thanks!

Those numbers on the diagrams are not part numbers, but something referred to as a PNC. It is like a location identifier. Different year or model vehicles could have the same PNC (as for an alternator) but different part numbers depending on the specifics of the vehicle.
That is exactly what I am used to relative to mid-60s ford. Illustrations have a sort of generic number (as you say - location identifier)... but you then have to go look up the specific vehicle to get the complete part number.

The information below comes from a PDF copy of the Toyota Parts Microfiche. WGG is for USA vehicles and WGV for Canada. But this reference may only apply to North America. The link above takes you to the USA (NA) data, but you can also jump to Japan, Europe and Other Areas.
Super helpful again, many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom