From the hatch… where does it go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Closing the upper hatch the other day, I noticed a rattle from a loose piece inside. I took the inner handle and plastic trim piece and found this…

3CAEB1D9-F1FE-4E35-B95A-5E2C3310BAF5.jpeg

Can anyone please help me solve this puzzle ? Trying to find out where it belongs.

Have you tried to look in a Factory Service Manual? (For example, this.). They often have detailed 'blown-up' diagrams of different areas of the rig. When I scanned the page of the linked doc for the diagram of the upper rear gate, I didn't see any clip like that.

I was deep inside my upper gate last summer, and I don't remember seeing anything like this. Maybe it it's a pin that holds some component (e.g., windshield wiper motor) firmly in place? I'd take off the interior trim to scan the gate guts.

Have you tried to look in a Factory Service Manual? (For example, this.). They often have detailed 'blown-up' diagrams of different areas of the rig. When I scanned the page of the linked doc for the diagram of the upper rear gate, I didn't see any clip like that.

I was deep inside my upper gate last summer, and I don't remember seeing anything like this. Maybe it it's a pin that holds some component (e.g., windshield wiper motor) firmly in place? I'd take off the interior trim to scan the gate guts.
Thanks, I will get into it a bit more this weekend and take some pictures to document.

cheers

F0137612-A058-45EF-AAAF-15820052AF36.jpeg

8ADC50E0-42E1-43C8-A221-64D5241E4717.jpeg

DBDCF576-48F6-42C3-A05A-063CFF3C3A78.jpeg

This is the interior of the upper back hatch. Any ideas as to where thi piece goes?

AD3CF85E-2566-4034-AEB7-582896BEEAF8.jpeg

Well, that blue piece with the white end with the hole in it looks like a prime candidate for one of the ends, but I just watch a youtube on replacing the rear hatch mechanism and that whole piece isn't in that truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom