From Seattle to the Valley of Death

Hi all-
I recently took my 94 cruiser on a 3500 mile trip from Seattle to the Mojave Desert. She had 200,000 miles on here at the start of the trip and she carried me without a glitch.

ih8mud-4.jpg

First I went over Mengle pass at the top of Goler canyon, Panamint Mountains. That was rockier than I expected but the stock height cruiser took it like a champ with a little help from a rock spotter. I am suprised I still have my side steps. This was a neat little cabin in Butte Valley.

ih8mud-3.jpg

Here is about the WORST thing any cruiser owner could ever see. Shoshone CA.

ih8mud-1.jpg

This is a pretty remote locality. We spent three nights in the old Woman Mountains of the central Mojave Desert. No one was up here but Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Lions.

ih8mud-2.jpg
Showing off the PIAAs and HIR's with Slee harness and auxilary lighting switch.

ih8mud.jpg
And the reason I go there...to capture and photograph snakes and lizards. This is me with a nice Blacktail Rattlesnake from the Hualapai Mountains in Arizona.

Hunting Reptiles has been my hobby for 16 years but it has never been as comfortable as it is now that I have my cruiser. These things are amazing.

nice trip!! nice rig!! your brave!!

Wow...That pic with the rattler is a great one..What other reptilian friends did you find/come across while you were down there? Any more pics?

I think the last pic got me impressed.:eek: And as far as gas prices in this neighborhood are concerned, did you check those at Panamint Valley Inn/RV park? They've been six months ahead (ie half a dollar more) of the others for the past three years...

Nice trip!

Expensive gas! :p

Uhm dude................:eek:

That is a rattlesnake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom