From Pismojim: Request for 4X4 Support for Primal Quest Race (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Received this e-mail from Jim:

Fellow Land Cruiser enthusiast Jim Brantley (pismojim) here from Pismo Beach, California.

A friend, Samatha Pruitt, asked me for Land Cruiser contacts in BC to help provide 4x4 support for the Primal Quest Adventure Race located in Squamish area this September. I gave her and the Race Director, Maria Burton, your contact info.

Primal Quest is a multi-day, non-stop, expedition-style adventure race. The course will be open for 10 days with an anticipated winning time in 5-6 days. Here's some info on the event:

About Primal Quest | Primal Quest

Volunteer | Primal Quest

Our local Land Cruiser club and myself have provided 4x4 support to similar events, working with Samantha on back country mountain bike and trail running events. We always have fun while making ourselves, our trucks and our outdoor skills useful. I'm hoping you can reach out to the Coastal Cruisers group or other Cruiserheads in the area that might be interested in helping with this event. They are working with Search and Rescue and need more 4x4 support among other things.

Katherine and I will be there with our 200 Series Land Cruiser. We look forward to connecting with our Canadian Cruiser friends while we're there. I'm also going to direct message Lachlan Palmer on instagram (I can't find his email addy) for help reaching out to the Vancouver Island Cruisers. Maybe you can do that too.

Finally, I've asked Samatha and Maria to go ahead and contact you directly about their specific needs and identifying people/resources that might be available from your club.

Thanks for your help! Please let me know if you have questions or need more information.

Cheers,

Jim Brantley

1-805-801-6162

Race SLO

www.raceslo.com

This sounds like it might be fun. Don't know if I'd be able to get time off for it but it seems like something our retired members should give a go.

I might be interested if my current summer vacation requests fall throw. Also doesn't look like you need to commit for the entire race.
- Pre Event Production
- Race Registration
- HQ Computer/Admin
- Race Communications
- Media Team
- Logistics/Driving
- Medical Team
- Water Section Safety
- Remote Check Point
- Transition Area
- Ropes Section
- Post Event Production

Hello from Squamish!

The Primal Quest adventure race is getting set up. And the organizers are looking for more communications people, ie amateur radio operators. Specifically they asked me..
Can you help recruit 2 people per day max over the course of race? And tell the other Comm peeps then send them to Marcy 512-573-5985

Any Hams interested please give Marcy a call.

A couple guys from Victoria Island are heading up the effort. There are lots of remote areas with sketchy comms to cover between Pemberton and Squamish.

Thanks
Jim
805 801-6162

Hey Jim!

I still have just a CB....

Might be worth cross-posting this in Facebook land on our Coastal Cruisers site, 4WDABC, BC Toyota 4WD and the plethora of others.

I can do that if you like, if you dont mind me cutting and pasting what you have here verbatim?

Actually, I'll do it anyways, just leave off your #

...and done.

Last edited:
Thanks
I'm sure any help will be appreciated. We understand its a tough gig for people with day jobs. The local ham radio club has over 100 members and they didn't rustle up too many volunteers. I figured Cruiser guys might easier. ;)

Comms will be interesting in these mountains. It looks like a combination of every form of communication including satellite , cell and radio. I suggested smoke signals -but they freaked out about extreme fire danger so no go. (J/K too soon?) Fortunately smoke wasn't bad when I when East today. This place is stunningly beautiful!

thanks again,
Jim

Reactions: kim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom