From Bad to Worse: Broken FJ55 Door Windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As some of you may recall, I have been trying to sell my FJ55 for a while now. I posted a "why isn't this thing selling thread" a while back." I got a fair amount of grief in that thread, but most of it was constructive. In the end I think I really just need to lower my price.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat-section/513999-so-why-isnt-anyone-buying-my-fj55.html

Well now it gets worse. Someone vandalized my FJ55, broke two windows. The front driver's side door window, and the back driver's side door window. I am not sure if they were trying to steal the FJ55, or all the spare parts that are in the back. They must have been scared off, because it does not appear that anything is missing.

But now I need a source for new door windows.

Difficulty-- this is a pre-72 build FJ55, so it has the vent windows. That means the front door glass is different than most FJ55's. I don't know if the rear doors are the same or not.

Anybody have a source for new door glass?

Obligatory pics of FJ55 with intact windows:

DSC_0201Large.jpg

DSC_0202Large-1.jpg

New door glass? No, but most Pig owners I know have a set or two of spare glass.
Including me.
The glass is flat so left side works for right side.
The problem is finding some that's close enough to go and get. Nobody wants to ship glass.

flat glass...take it out and have a new glass cut
absolutely!! Take a good one out from the other side and have any good auto glass shop match it up. You still have all the hardware, so just replace and go. Should be less than $100 per window. Did you have insurance to cover it? If not, check on your homeowners policy for vandalism coverage. Sorry to hear about the mess. SUCKS! John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom