Froggy Fj62 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seeing that most trucks have a dedicated build log I figure I should get my truck one. I purchased the truck and had some discussions under this thread Hopefully new FJ62 owner.

Also just wanted to throw a quick thanks for this Forum. With the wealth of knowledge I have been able to quickly diagnose issues, find part numbers and connect with some great people. I look forward to spending some time on here and getting to know the 60 world.

Wishlist

1) Old Man Emu Lift kit - Completed
2) Stereo Upgrade
3) Cargo area refresh
4) Sound Proofing
5 Less Rusty Tailgate and Hatch
6) Newish Frame (one day)
7) 4 plus Rear Bumper
8) ARB or 4 Plus front Bumper

The truck was a little rustier than I was expecting. So the above list does list my desire for a frame swap. I just haven't made the decision when I want to tackle a swap with everything going on. Right now she is drive-able and will get me thru the upcoming months. I had a local buddy come by and help weld some 1/4 inch plates over the area to just strengthen the frame.

She is finally sitting on new springs from OME in the medium duty variety. I managed to install these over the course of a few days and she is sitting more normal now. The 2 inch lift netted closer to 3.5 due to the springs and shocks being well used after 260k miles.

I have been working on cleaning up the truck. Getting the stains out of the headliner, seats and door cards. Still need to spend some more time working thru everything and getting her to not smell a little stale.

Currently she is at a recommended shop getting the Oil Pan Gasket replaced, 02 Sensors swapped out, and the parking brake sorted. This is all stuff I could do but running out of weekends to work on the truck and with a messed up hand it will be easier to have some pros work on it.

received_1064460483687755.jpeg

received_1064460520354418.jpeg

20170603_124217.jpg

Just an update. Took the old girl camping up on the Grand Mesa outside Grand Junction for the muzzleloading season last week.

I really want to thank Proffit's Cruiser in Orchard City for helping me out in a bind and the mechanics at Central Auto Service in Colbran.

I was up a 4x4 road doing some grouse hunting and my fuel pump went out. Luckily I had family in with me so they could tow her out. Though after putting in a new fuel pump the pickup lines broke from being rustrd and rotted.

This is where I am glad to be part of this community. After calling around and finally talking to the owner at Proffit he pulled a pickup unit that day and allowed me to be there while they did so. Without this the right would have been left in Colbran waiting on this part.

20170914_065314.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom