frogers Build - 2006 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with above.
On my fjc I carried a replacement alternator brush pack (available for the fjc) from Toyota, not sure if it's available for the 100 I have not looked I to yet.
The brush kit is available for the 100's. It's under $20. I have it at home in the garage, do you guys leave this in your 100 daily? I keep the normal stuff like coil pack, wheel studs, lug nuts, fuses, etc in my 100, but not this alternator brush kit.

Fjc where know if you where mudding to have alternator issues. And all it took was to swap out the brush pack to get back up running. If I can recall it was like 2 screws to swap out without pulling the alternator (if you have done one before off the truck) and some strength Armstrong arms and fingers. But the 100 series has a rear alternator cover I believe where the fjc did not.

@OffRoading Unfortunately I have not found any good local mechanics. I recently tried to get someone to do a ppi style checkup on my truck and the only one I considered taking it to was OTRAMM in warrenton but he was too busy.

I do all the work on my truck myself so if you ever need a hand or advice let me know.

Been a little while since I've posted. Hadn't been doing to much with the LX besides driving it and basic maintenance. I picked up a Tundra and have done a bunch of work on that as the kids like that to travel b/c of the bigger back seat.

Well the LX noticed and she decided to speak up. I came out to this in my driveway.

PXL_20221007_140819077.jpg

Initially it was dark and raining and I didn't notice and drove it only to have the AHC turn off and have to drive back home very slowly .

Here is the issue:

PXL_20221007_145003715.jpg

Funny thing is I refilled the reservoir a drove it a few times and it held. Then leaked again.

Other lines and the shock bodies are rusty too. I don't see a reason to spend the $ to fix so most likely going to swap out. Doing research now but learning towards Dobinson. Will document the removal of the AHC and install. Also need a new steering rack so will probably do that at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom