Frist Trip in my NEW LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well it took months to find what i really wanted, but i got lucky a few weeks ago and found a great LX450 for sale. Most of what i wanted to do, had been done. Lots of great PM done, new head, and so on. Felt pretty lucky to have picked it up. Great guy from the board cut me a fair price and made it real easy. Other than the 9 hour drive home!

Sliders
CDL
2.5 OME
New HG
Rebuilt Head
New Billies
285 Geolanders
And a bunch more!

All thanks to the PO!

I just got back from a trip to South Eastern Oregon down and around the Steen Mountains and out onto Alvord Dry Lake. Mostly a big road trip. Got a flat in the middle of nowhere from driving over sagebrush and putting a small hole in the sidewall. Tire shop seems to think it's terminal. Bummer, as it's just about new tread wise. My buddy thought that was pretty funny when the "big bad cruiser" got taken out by a little dry stick.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/stewart1466/album/576460762395150111

Congratulations! I think I saw the ad on mud for 1 day.

Could be. It was not listed for very long. I think i got it the first day it was listed.

Find a mom and pop tire shop - they will most likely fix the tire. The big chains won't touch them considering what they have to loose liability wise.

I have had several side wall patches done and no issues.

Welcome!

I got the guy to patch it! He tried twice and it still has a pin hole leak. I'm going to try a different shop and see if they have any better luck. I'll be doing some searches for self patch kits and on board air after that trip.

Yup, I know that LX quite well. I'm glad to see it go to a fellow mudder! Enjoy.

That's one of my favorite places to go in the whole world. I imagine the road to the summit was very much closed this time of year, but the views of the east side of the Steens from that dirt road by the Alvord desert are alway breathtaking.

Can't wait to make another trip down there in my "new to me" Cruiser.

Brian. Yes, Thats a great area. Have you been into the Peublo Mts? I'm trying to get back when the snow melts. We didn't even try to get up into the steens. Are you on the east side or over here in the rainbelt?

Alia176, I am very happy with it so far. Though i lost a little confidence in the Geolanders. It's nice to get a truck and not have huge list of PM that i need to do first. My list of mods that i want to do is getting a little bigger though. The basics have been done!

Brian. Yes, Thats a great area. Have you been into the Peublo Mts? I'm trying to get back when the snow melts. We didn't even try to get up into the steens. Are you on the east side or over here in the rainbelt?

I'm from Gresham.

I've made several trips down there. Here's one that I documented on the site.
http://www.brian894x4.com/SteensMountainTrip1.html

The view from the 10,000ish foot summit is just breathtaking. The gate usually doesn't open until June or July Also, there's a number of interesting roads out there on the east side that go up into the canyons and there's all the hot springs everywhere near the Alvord desert. I haven't explored it all, by any means.

I have been to the Peublo Mtns and in fact camped up there on that last trip. The whole area is just neat as heck, but it's about as remote as you get in this particular region of the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom