Fridge prices have gotten ridiculous (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's probably safe to say that normally the summer is not the best time to buy a camping fridge, pricewise. Although now with the virus thing there may be comparatively good deals. And, yes, the China tariffs, whether actually applied or not, may also play a role.

Seems some of them have done this, as in tagged on a “peak season”, or a “COVID” tax, but not everyone. Like OP, some of the Dometics I looked at have went up since last year, by up to 200 bucks.

If anyone is interested in joining us for the IceCo group buy I linked above, the coupon is active now and everything is 25-38% off.

Well, whatever fridge I decide on, I'll need a new slide.
If you don’t need a tilt I would recommend looking at computer server racks. My Dometic bolted right up. $85 for a slide rated to 150 pounds is much better that what the fridge folks are offering 😁

This seems like either like a deal too good to pass up, or too good to be true. I'm not sure which.

Anyone have one? Like it? Curious how long you can run it without killing the truck...

You do get what you pay for with that one. It is an Alpicool rebrand and has been around for a while. Great fridge for the price! I believe that one is generic compressor with 1 year warranty. For about 100 bucks more you can join us in our IceCo group buy that expires in 8 days( 25% off). Just use code “Ih8mud” at IceCofreezer.com. Their JP50 is similar to that one but carries the Secop compressor with 5 year warranty instead (same compressor as big names). It is about 400 after discount, and that includes tax and shipping.

Hope that helps!

FWIW, I have a construction co and refrigerators are now pretty much backordered across the board. I've heard various reasons, mostly COVID related. That has to be a factor in driving these prices up.

Any one know if IceCo is going to do another sale or group buy this spring/summer?
Research my posts, I used an ICECO discount code on a recent purchased a couple weeks ago. Has been on two trips already, one backcountry and one errands and it works flawlessly. Just need to finish the positive lead conversion for the back of the 100. We had to move it over to my buddy's truck since he had the power camping.

Try look at Phalcon off road... @Phulcrum

Try look at Phalcon off road... @Phulcrum
Yeah he’s been organizing fridge GBs for a while. Another option is to give Lu a call as he handles sales for mud members and handles our group discounts/group buys for ICECO. It’s probably time for another group buy! I think IceCo are better fridges for the price, so maybe Phulcrum can look into organizing one for IceCo, and I can assist? If not I can maybe give Lu a call and see how he’s doing. We put him through a lot of work with the last few GBs so maybe he’s well rested and ready to go again now.

BFCM still works, I tried it but didn't check out so can't confirm it will pass through. It's only 15% now when it was 20% three weeks ago. Still a deal IMO.

We now have our own brand of the fridges. We ship from Fallbrook CA. Warranty honored here as well. Check us out :

PhalconOverland.com/shop

We might be open to a group buy for Ih8Mud guys.

Get 5 or more orders together and we'll do 15% off. Expires end of April.

Currently researching fridges too. I'm leaning toward iceco because of the compressor, but interested in the alpicool dual zone models too. Anyone have a good feel for the quality of the LG compressor?

Currently researching fridges too. I'm leaning toward iceco because of the compressor, but interested in the alpicool dual zone models too. Anyone have a good feel for the quality of the LG compressor?

I can say with confidence that the LG compressor is efficient and reliable as they come, which is why we upgraded our version of the alpicool fridges to the LG compressor. We also back ours with a three year warranty on the compressor.

I think the 101 will work great with the 1/2 high drawer.

I have spent my good amount of money 17 years ago on Engel , never ever a missed beat .
spend once ,cry once , but enjoy .
How can you still trust PRC goods ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom