fridge freezer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It might be an airflow thing, (I'm trying to maintain the min 2" clearance around it, but on one side I have way less than that) or just that the ambient temp is too damn hot, but I can't seem to get mine below -7 on the readout. I have it set to go to -15 as a test, and earlier today it go to -10, but had been kinda jumping around all over the place. Seems pretty steady at -7 now though.
Would it be considered normal for the 12V plug body to be very warm, almost hot even?

Well not off to a good start for the weekend. I've been running my fridge all week in the back of my 81 with no issues, and as I go to check it this morning for the final pack, it's flashing a red error light and reading only -1.
Sure enough, not enough juice to start, so the battery minder system doesn't work that great. There was enough juice to turn it over once (which would probably be fine on a 12v start system) and to run accessories still.
After reading the manual, once the fridge gets to temp, the green power light is suppose to turn orange, which I have yet to see at all.
I'm hoping it's my poor wiring skills? I ran a 16 ga. wire direct from the battery, to a 15 amp inline fuse near the fridge (the fuse wire is 14ga. it was all I could find at the time) and then a walmart 12v plug which was 16 ga. The plug is grounded to a screw on my bed platform, which is anchored to the body.
All the connections were soldered as well.

battery minder system is only a trickle charge and will not do much if you have a large load on it. I have a 10amp battery minder like system in my trailer and it go's into an error mode and turns off if there is more then an amp draw on the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom