Friday July 25th, Miller Heep (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
A few guys have already called me to confirm that they are coming:

Save the Maybes. Just let me know if you are in by Thursday night, so we know whom to expect and the number of rigs.

- This Friday July 25th,
- Get there 9am or earlier (but we will leave to the trail at 9)
- Meet at the Flying J's truck stop off the Fraiser Park exit on the 5 freeway.

A few guys have already called me to confirm that they are coming:

Save the Maybes. Just let me know if you are in by Thursday night, so we know whom to expect and the number of rigs.

- This Friday July 25th,
- Get there 9am or earlier (but we will leave to the trail at 9)
- Meet at the Flying J's truck stop off the Fraiser Park exit on the 5 freeway.

As much fun as it would be to run Miller 2 days in a row, I will have to say that I will skip this run.

I will be out there Sat morning with the TTORA group so if anyone cant run Miller on Fri, you are more than welcome to join us on Sat. Flying J at 10am.
Miller Jeep Trail - TTORA Forum

Well, it looks like I'm in Sam. I don't have a CB radio. Is this imperative? We use FRS and GMRS formats normally.

Would like to, but I HAVE A JOB you slackers! haha

Enjoy the run guys and take a pic or two to share with the less fortunate ;)

Damm, can this be done Saturday- peeps have to work. I have a new rig I'm itching to try out.

Damm, can this be done Saturday- peeps have to work. I have a new rig I'm itching to try out.

Welcome back Victor!!! It's been a long time my friend. :D

Do tell on the project vehicle. Last I knew you'd sold the 80 and were itching for a 40 as a project. Did you take the plunge?

Pictures are necessary now that you've broached the 'project' subject.

Well, it looks like I'm in Sam. I don't have a CB radio. Is this imperative? We use FRS and GMRS formats normally.

Sounds good...Cb is not imperative, just makes communicating on the trail easier. I'll see if I can dig up my motorola 2 way..if you have a pair bring them.

Would like to, but I HAVE A JOB you slackers! haha

Enjoy the run guys and take a pic or two to share with the less fortunate ;)

That's what sick days are for bro. I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't feeling all that well and had to drive up to see your doctor who happens to be located off the 5 at the fraiser park exit. Call me when decided to make the run and we'll head up at the same time and check out that HAM.:grinpimp:

BIFF to chime in on Brent's words, a huge welcome back bro. missed you. TTORA has an event they are running in Gorman on Sat. sorry that you can't make it, but I want to hit up John Bull in the next month and hopefully you can make it then.

See my post ^^^^^^^ I will be out there on Sat, 10am at the J with TTORA. Come on out if you want.

Sam,

I am out...going to Mammoth instead...week of fishing and hanging out with old friends..have a great time guys...:):)

Victor our old friend.....great to see a post from you. What are you up to?

I'm out for tomorrow...like some of the others I have to work.

cheers,
David...

Victor our old friend.....great to see a post from you. What are you up to?

I'm out for tomorrow...like some of the others I have to work.

cheers,
David...

Thanks guys, it has been a while- got caught up in work for to long. Anyways I got a new rig- and wanted to get back in the game. Whole new set of MOD's to do:D

Sam, I PM'd you. Hope it's okay.

Sorry,

I'm out.

Some recent medical issues have me tied to the hospital.

Hopefully next time.

It appears that we'll have 4-5 rigs. Final Call be ther or be square.

Coming home from work - 0830 I just saw Shahram passing thru Magic Mountain. Caught up with him and waved but did not see me.

Damn! Shahram is one big bald MF! Looked mean with dark shades on. He had another guy riding shotgun as big as him that looked like PabloVTA - Paul. I saw a smaller shadowy figure in the second row dont know if he brought his son.

Oh well missed out - had to work last night!

Coming home from work - 0830 I just saw Shahram passing thru Magic Mountain. Caught up with him and waved but did not see me.

Damn! Shahram is one big bald MF! Looked mean with dark shades on. He had another guy riding shotgun as big as him that looked like PabloVTA - Paul. I saw a smaller shadowy figure in the second row dont know if he brought his son.

Oh well missed out - had to work last night!

HAHAHA!!! Oh man, if you only knew how mean I am! Grrrrrrrr!!! I'm sorry I didn't notice you, we were probably in an in-depth discussion on guns, tits, or which model of Grayco baby seat is superior. Yeah, that was my little kid, Jack, in the back seat, with my other friend, Jonas. Next time, lay on the horn and swerve really crazily in front of me while gesturing wildly out the window. That ought to get my attention.

Thanks Sam, Ian and Sol!!!

I think that we can all agree that this was the best trail we've been on so far. We had a great time, thanks for putting up with us this morning, thanks for your help spotting, thanks for the good vibes, thanks for everything. I can only hope that we can show you some trails that we know, share some hospitality and a few beers soon.

These are all the pics I have right now. More to come when I can get a hold of Jonas's camera.
IMG_0593-1.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Write Up:

So the day started nice and early at the Flying J's truck stop where I met Ian Rogers and gas was $4.13 a gallon GOOD TIMES, Filled her up and loaded the rig with some snacks. Shahram in his white 80 rolled up shortly after, along with his brother Shahin in is 2 dr. Jeep Wrangerler (don't know models, but at _J I'm sure).

We headed out and up towards the trail. My ARB comp. decided to stop working and after 5 fuses and a an attempt at manually getting her turned said F-it, aired down, and began our accend. It wasn't more than 10min into the trail when Ian blew a rear PS bead on his tire at the first obstacle (if you can call it that). Took us about 10min to jack up the truck and pop it back on with the trusty CO2 and off we went.

I was amazed at how much the trail had erroded and been warn down since the last time I was out there (2years ago). The first 3/4 of the trail was just dirt driving with a few bumps, rocks, and trees to manuever. We stopped for lunch at the picnic tables and we had been sailing smoothly. No traffic that day and only ran into a few bikes/quads and one lone jeep.

After lunch we began our final series of hill climps when Ian's 40 decided to go limp and would NOT turn on. So after about 15min of trying to trouble shoot we moved Ian's truck over to the side of the trail and I pulled in front and strapped to his rig... a night rolling tug and I was off with an FJ40 in tow going up hill and over the obstacles. After some time I had to stop and let my 80 cool b/c my temps were hitting 215. When we tried to get going again I was at the next obstacle and the 40 was not having it. We bumped and pushed it over the obstacle and go rolling again but has to make a ver tight turn against some challenging obstacles. Needless to say I couldn't pull the 40 up and was burning my tires.

Shahram also gave it a try and made progress being able to lock his axles, but wasn't able to bump the 40 up the rocks. So I drove up to an opening turned around drove down and winched ian through the obstacles, then went back up turned around strapped him and started to pull him up through the trail when after a few obstacles the 40 started.

We treked up the final lengths of the trail and we stopped at the top to asses the trucks. i had a leaking front diff which was the result of some loose bolts on the back side and a need for a new gasket. Refilled on some fluid thanks to Ian and we all headed home. Great Day.:beer::beer::beer:
Shahram, it was my pleasure to have you, your brother, so and the whole crew who came along for the ride. We are definitely going to get another trail run in August either John Bull or Silverwood, so GET THOSE SLIDERS FABBED. Keep workin on the gas and brake technique, you kicked ass.

I think I could have pulled Ian the whole way up if my lockers were working, but we prevailed at the end and everyone worked together. Plus I got to put that winch to work. Good times, do it again soon and bring Shahin and his Jeep along w/ you.

And for all the other SoCal80 guys, If you had spent as much money on a stripper as you have your rig, you KNOW you wouldn't be okay with merely looking at her from a distance, so get out there and wheel, stop chatting about it so much. :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom