Friday 11/27 Wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...so, here goes:

Friday: FR393 , meet at Ba'ja gas station at 9am.

FR393: Rolling saguaro desert northwest off Beeline, runs under Power line to Bartlett lake, site of the Saguaro cactus massacre under the Power line. One way in to the lake is maybe 20 or so miles. Supposedly "regularly graded" . Don't know about difficulty; last time we drove it mostly in the dark, took us 3 hours to come out, and we were hauling... there was one narrow offcamber turn at the edge of the ravine that was interesting in the dark... Easiest (?) would be in/out FR393, alternative is to drive Log Corral one way (in or out), but that's more difficult (as in lockers needed) with a lot of brush. I'd prefer 393 in and out, and explore the spur down to the lake (the extension of Log Corral) and down to the river below Bartlett i.e. 393 itself. Supposedly, there is no more river crossing, so one can't get across where 393 hits the Verde. Meeting spot would be Ba'ja gas station off Beeline.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Verde river below Bartlett: flow is 95cfs

finally....

well, not exactly "smooth" :lol:

but much better than last time for sure :D

Great, but long day, had to do a recovery, yes they are stuck!

The comment was something like; "It's the only truck we got, since the Blazer blowed up!:hillbilly:

:lol::lol::lol:
11-27-2009_1.jpg

Cruisers at the lake, and a desert pic at dusk-ish...
DSC_5824.jpg
DSC_5829.jpg
DSC_5840.jpg

Some cool lookin mud cliffs along the wash, unfortunately Ross wasn't there to 'splain how/what/why they were formed?:hillbilly:
11-27-2009_5.jpg
11-27-2009_6.jpg

Some pix of the saguaro mutilation.:frown: Our observation was that a bunch were a long ways from the lines, some that were unmutilated were closer, almost random?:mad:
11-27-2009_11.jpg
11-27-2009_12.jpg
11-27-2009_13.jpg

we made it out faster, though :hillbilly:

I wonder what the point was by "topping" all the saguaros under the power line. Afraid they might grow into the lines?! :meh:

I wonder what the point was by "topping" all the saguaros under the power line. Afraid they might grow into the lines?! :meh:

ask APS :doh:

What is the blueish thing in the red circle?

A reflection, ether something on the ground or most likely operator error, from shooting into the sun and the operator's failure to keep the lens clean. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom