Freeborn Red 309 Aerosol Spray Can Review? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corcel

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey everyone! I see a couple of aerosol spray can options and wanted to see if anyone has used them? Especially interested in those that have used the Cruiser Corps Freeborn Red 309. How did it turn out? Did it last? What did you use it on? Is it closer to the 309 pinkish red or the 3F4 more orange Freeborn used in the later cruisers? Thank you!

I believe I have a can of the cruiser corps 309 Freeborn Red. I bought it late spring and have never sprayed it; sold the red project I bought it for. I’d send it to you for the cost of shipping if you’re interested.

Thank you Skreddy, super generous offer. I can test it and report back for others too. Appreciate the response.

I went to the auto paint store and had them put the Freeborn red in aerosol cans for me and for the few times I have had to use them they turn out a great match.
Some NAPA’s stores are able to mix paint and can them.

devo

Hey everyone, I finally was at the paint stage for my floor replacement. Here is an update on the freeborn red paint from Cruiser Corps.

Used a 2k epoxy primer, sanded to 2000 grit.
1670819746725.png

Then used 5 cans of Cruiser Corps Freeborn red ($100 or so bucks). I was able to do about 3 coats, and a 4th touch up. I am on a budget, so I'm using this as a hold over until I can spray the entire rig. This is after the first coat:

1670819843482.png

1670819869973.png

Third coat

1670819890474.png
1670819914775.png

Of course I forgot to take photo after the touch up and the 24 hours of drying... but overall I am very happy with the way it turned out. Gloss is nice, but not too much, it laid on well and even (there is some streaking in the photos above, but mostly removed with touch ups). Its very vibrant, and not too far off the colors on the doors. If you need quick fix, this could be your route. I personally wouldn't do this on the exterior, but for interior, I think it looks great. Let me know if you have any questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom