FREE To HDC- Gas Fire Pit Fabrication- Public Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In light of the drought and as a public service to the trees and the club....

Anyone in the club interested in inexpensive gas campfire options and projects I offer my metal fabrication services and flammin' hot fire pit expertise for free. I have done several of them big and small, even a collapsible for my motorbike. (Plus, I'm single, have no kids and somehow need something else to do....)

Bring me the bits you need zapped, chopped, bent or holes poked and I'll knock it out.
Here is one of my quick and dirties, a party balloon helium container cut in half.

IMG_7240.jpg

(I have a spare helium cylinder if you want one of these.)
IMG_7241.jpg

This is a key part, about $15 from Amazon. It's an air mixer for the stoichiometric calculations that I do for every firepit I build. (BAWH HAW!!!- NOT!)

IMG_7242.jpg

Rolled up expanded steel "Logs".

IMG_7243.jpg

Very fast, simple and did not cost a hundred bux. Probably about $25.

In light of the drought and as a public service to the trees and the club....

Anyone in the club interested in inexpensive gas campfire options and projects I offer my metal fabrication services and flammin' hot fire pit expertise for free. I have done several of them big and small, even a collapsible for my motorbike. (Plus, I'm single, have no kids and somehow need something else to do....)

Bring me the bits you need zapped, chopped, bent or holes poked and I'll knock it out.
Here is one of my quick and dirties, a party balloon helium container cut in half.

IMG_7240.jpg

(I have a spare helium cylinder if you want one of these.)
IMG_7241.jpg

This is a key part, about $15 from Amazon. It's an air mixer for the stoichiometric calculations that I do for every firepit I build. (BAWH HAW!!!- NOT!)

IMG_7242.jpg

Rolled up expanded steel "Logs".

IMG_7243.jpg

Very fast, simple and did not cost a hundred bux. Probably about $25.
Does the offer still stand?

You bet!
Right this moment my welder is down though. I am also under the gun for finishing my camper build which is going to be part of an art show the end of the month. I am looking at two more weeks before I can get shielding gas. Probably be done in about two weeks.

The most important part you can pick up is the air mixer. Something like this:
Amazon product ASIN B083W2BZ3Q
Next most important thing is having an idea of what you want and any materials I don't have. For example, black pipe fittings, trashed propane cylinder or drum etc..

You bet!
Right this moment my welder is down though. I am also under the gun for finishing my camper build which is going to be part of an art show the end of the month. I am looking at two more weeks before I can get shielding gas. Probably be done in about two weeks.

Next most important thing is having an idea of what you want and any materials I don't have. For example, black pipe fittings, trashed propane cylinder or drum etc..
Okay, thanks, get back to you later. I am leaving in 2 weeks to get my new old 1994 4wd van from Japan In Portland. Will be back end of May after 11 day roadtrip. Have to find and get materials. Will be back in touch. If May breakfast is the 14 I’ll be there, if 21st I’ll be on the road. Things are shutting down and I want a fire to stare at at night!

You bet!

300K BTU, 90K BTU, or 150K BTU Air Mixer Valve? And I have a 2/3’s empty propane tank. Do you have any way of transferring the propane to another container? And what else would I need to buy? I need a precise detailed list of what I need to get.

300K BTU, 90K BTU, or 150K BTU Air Mixer Valve? And I have a 2/3’s empty propane tank. Do you have any way of transferring the propane to another container? And what else would I need to buy? I need a precise detailed list of what I need to get.
You bet!
I will try and put something together purchase wise tomorrow. Transferring propane frightens the bejesus out of me, I have no idea! I would say that I have some metal options laying around- especially if it is still a functional propane tank. I even have the spare half of helium tank if you want to use that- it is not as big around as a 10 gallon propane tank if that is the size you are thinking.

I'll document the process and post so everyone can check it out.

BEST!!

You bet!
I will try and put something together purchase wise tomorrow. Transferring propane frightens the bejesus out of me, I have no idea! I would say that I have some metal options laying around- especially if it is still a functional propane tank. I even have the spare half of helium tank if you want to use that- it is not as big around as a 10 gallon propane tank if that is the size you are thinking.

I'll document the process and post so everyone can check it out.

BEST!!
Okay, it is a functional normal bbq tank, what’s that, 25#? It was all I could lay my hands on. If you have an alternative I’m definitely open to it.

Cool! Thanks!

sorry, having a little trouble computerwise here. Pay no attention.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom