Free sliders, anyone done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the day before I was planning to take my running boards off a lady hit while texting pushing my running boards into the cruiser :bang: so long story short i take my 95 into service king and they say they can't obtain factory running board. So just about to say oh its okay i dont need em, they guy said the only route was to go aftermarket... so i printed off this linkhttp://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_sliders_main.htm :hmm: and he said its a possibility that nationwide could pay for em,

Anyone gone through this before if so input would we great! It'd be nice for a 17 year old kid to score some free sliders:D

I say go for it. Although I'm sure you COULD get a part number for the factory sliders which probably retail very high ($$$) and get a check for them, then just buy the sliders.

I say go for it. Although I'm sure you COULD get a part number for the factory sliders which probably retail very high ($$$) and get a check for them, then just buy the sliders.

Thats what im thinking, i was so close to saying oh its ok i dont need the running boards, then the lightbulb went on :idea:

I often daydream about a fender bender that involves totalling out my front bumper, thus requiring me to purchase an ARB bumper on the other person's insurance dime....

This happens to me all the time. Minor damage, then I just do my own body work as it's a hobby of mine. It's always just cash in the pocket for my 'Labor'.

You could show them this page: BumpItOffroad -and tell them that it is very close to stock and then they even have a picture. I have the step sliders from BIO and they are awesome! I know they are a little less expensive then Slee's but they look very stock like.

It's worth a shot

From what I can see on a quick scan a complete step for one side from Toyota would be >$600. If the sliders don't fly go to a dealer and have them build a quote for you, have service king give you a quote for labor and start negotiating.

what he said....

do it

I'm going to put the stock bumper back on mine just incase someone rear ends me. That way I can get a 4x4 labs one.

I just have the bare cross member now

This...and it's been done by another mud member. iirc it was more than enough for some slee step sliders.....

Last edited:
Well the estimate with the running boards was about 3 grand, without about $2200

Well the estimate with the running boards was about 3 grand, without about $2200

Get the sliders easily done. The body shop can do it no problem.

I often daydream about a fender bender that involves totalling out my front bumper, thus requiring me to purchase an ARB bumper on the other person's insurance dime....

x2 maybe the back too

Yeah I keep hoping some will wipe out my front bumper so I can get a new one on their dime...I work at a body shop and yes have the shop do the sliders. You are owed X amount of dollars from the wreck. What you do with the funds is your buisness.

This is how I got my Slee front bumper. A lady ran a stop sign and I caved in her b-pillar with the 80. I told the shop to fix the fender and flare, but to leave the bumper alone...the insurance gave me the difference in cash for the bumper-pieces-parts and I bought a Slee short bus bumper with it.

Now if someone would just rear end me...

72RatCamaro said:
Yeah I keep hoping some will wipe out my front bumper so I can get a new one on their dime...I work at a body shop and yes have the shop do the sliders. You are owed X amount of dollars from the wreck. What you do with the funds is your buisness.

Careful guys, someone will soon enough ream you for these comments. Trust me I made the same mistake 5-6 years ago on here. :rolleyes:

This happens to me all the time. Minor damage, then I just do my own body work as it's a hobby of mine.

::: Note to self ::: Never ride in a vehicle w/ Tacoma4life at the wheel.

Seriously, I hope you just misworded that somehow.

I'ma hafta learn to stop short more often in traffix.

I keed, I keed.

::: Note to self ::: Never ride in a vehicle w/ Tacoma4life at the wheel.

Seriously, I hope you just misworded that somehow.

Ha ha, yeah maybe all the time wasn't accurate. It's happened probably 5 times in my life and 3 of those were inclement weather (hail).

I actually have a perfect driving record. That's why full coverage (250 deductible) for both our Tacoma and Cruiser is only $78/ month. :) I seriously drive like a grandma, except without the cutting people off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom