Free powdercoated frame... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi again,
As a part of my ongoing attempt to rid my yard of my accumulated crap pile, I offer this frame for free: This frame is off my 73 FJ40. It has a shackle reversal kit installed, saginaw power steering plate from Downey, AA motor mounts for SBC V-8, rear AA cross member mounts installed, and then the whole mess was sandblasted and powdercoated. It's beautiful. The motor and tranny mounts were built around a Chevy 350, AA bellhousing, Toyota 5-speed tranny with split t-case, and the AA rear cross-member. It would work with no mods with a late-model Toyota 4-speed (with the spacer) as well.
Here's the catch! This frame was installed and working quite well under my 40 for quite a while until some tourist idiot failed to see my huge lifted truck bearing down upon the intersection where he was waiting to make a left turn. He turned left into the front of my truck and the pass. corner of his car hit the pass. side of my front bumper directly in front of the pass. side frame rail. The impact pushed the pass. rail back about 2 inches and put a little bit of a twist (maybe 5 degrees or so) in the driver's side frame horn.
I took the truck to a frame shop while it was still fully assembled, and had them try to get everything perfect. They failed. The frame is still a little bit out of diamond, and the tweak in the frame horn remains. I took advantage of the insurance $$ and just got another frame and slapped in an NV4500 while I was at it.
So, anyhow, the frame is beautiful, and for maybe $3-400 at a frame shop, you could get the thing straightened out perfectly. I just don't have the time or $$ to deal with it.
I'm located about an hour away from Denver, Co. I'm not gonna deliver it anywhere for free, but if somebody lives nearby and wants it, please come and get it. I can email you pictures if you desire.

thanks, Chad

Man.... I can't tell you how bad I wish I lived in Col. right now :-\ I'm just getting ready to drop a big bag 'o cash at the local frame and axle shop for my rusty old frame. Ugh...

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom