1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free powdercoated FJ40 frame

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by awileyone, Feb 19, 2004.

1. awileyone

awileyone

Hello,
    As a part of my ongoing attempt to rid my yard of my accumulated crap pile, I offer this frame for free: This frame is off my 73 FJ40. It has a shackle reversal kit installed, saginaw power steering plate from Downey, AA motor mounts for SBC V-8, rear AA cross member mounts installed, and then the whole mess was sandblasted and powdercoated. It's beautiful. The motor and tranny mounts were built around a Chevy 350, AA bellhousing, Toyota 5-speed tranny with split t-case, and the AA rear cross-member. It would work with no mods with a late-model Toyota 4-speed (with the spacer) as well.
    Here's the catch! This frame was installed and working quite well under my 40 for quite a while until some tourist idiot failed to see my huge lifted truck bearing down upon the intersection where he was waiting to make a left turn. He turned left into the front of my truck and the pass. corner of his car hit the pass. side of my front bumper directly in front of the pass. side frame rail. The impact pushed the pass. rail back about 2 inches and put a little bit of a twist (maybe 5 degrees or so) in the driver's side frame horn.
    I took the truck to a frame shop while it was still fully assembled, and had them try to get everything perfect. They failed. The frame is still a little bit out of diamond, and the tweak in the frame horn remains. I took advantage of the insurance $$ and just got another frame and slapped in an NV4500 while I was at it.
    So, anyhow, the frame is beautiful, and for maybe $3-400 at a frame shop, you could get the thing straightened out perfectly. I just don't have the time or $$ to deal with it.
    I'm located about an hour away from Denver, Co. I'm not gonna deliver it anywhere for free, but if somebody lives nearby and wants it, please come and get it. I can email you pictures if you desire.

thanks, Chad

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    I will pick it up, when I come get the tub...

-Steve

3. 72cruiser

72cruiser

oh to live in CO. or at least west of the miss. ha ha.

4. awileyone

awileyone

You better bring a BIG trailer with you Steve! I'm sure I'll unearth a bunch more stuff to get rid of before you get here! One man's trash is another man's... trash! Hmmm, what else have I got? A flawless windshield for a 55, an early 70's FJ40 cowl, a stack of about 5 2f blocks, a couple of crusty axle housings, a rusting 55 frame, a 60 frame, a mini-truck frame, etc...
    We'll get you all loaded up for the ride home! :D

5. Poser

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=awileyone link=board=1;threadid=11797;start=msg107714#msg107714 date=1077255456]
    You better bring a BIG trailer with you Steve! I'm sure I'll unearth a bunch more stuff to get rid of before you get here! One man's trash is another man's... trash! Hmmm, what else have I got? A flawless windshield for a 55, an early 70's FJ40 cowl, a stack of about 5 2f blocks, a couple of crusty axle housings, a rusting 55 frame, a 60 frame, a mini-truck frame, etc...
    We'll get you all loaded up for the ride home! :D
    [/quote]

I LOVE TRASH!!!!!!

Will everything fit on a 48ft flatbed, and if not, fine, we will bring more trucks and trailers....

6. Poser

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh...

(Oscar the grouch)

7. awileyone

awileyone

A 48 foot trailer should do the trick!!! What the hell are you pulling that thing with? I need one! If I had a setup like that, I wouldn't have to get rid of any of my trash... Hell, I could even start accumulating more!!!

8. phlyfish

phlyfish

where is 1hr outside of Denver? I live in Colorado Springs, interested in the frame but Poser has that tied up, Just might be willing to take some of the other Trash off of your hands. he he

9. Isotel

Isotel

Media:
    Albums:
    i want some trash too.!

10. Toyoland66

Toyoland66

Do you have any FJ60 axlehousings (minus or plus third member) that you would want to part with? I live in Ft Collins.

I'll help you clear out your "trash"

11. drohweder

drohweder

I am from denver and will be back in may. Do you want to get rid of the 55 windshield? Pretty, please?

12. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    i'm always interested in free stuff

13. Ullr

Ullr

If you have any more 40 parts I live in Boulder, and would happily pick them up. :cheers: