Free or Cheap FJ55 parts (mostly) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Free or Cheap FJ55 / FJ40 parts

Cleaning house here and have some things I have been holding on to for "way" too long... Ideally I'd love to get "something" for them but at the same time I am considering taking it all to the dump so first offer gets it, plus cost of shipping (probably the killer on most of this stuff). I can ship FedEx ground though so most of this stuff should actually not be too bad...

- Grey rear FJ55 seats, upper and lower portion and in very clean shape, no rips or tears, just needs a good wipe down. These are the OEM vinyl...

- A '71 FJ55 gas Tank. Was coated with a light layer of rust so I took in and had professionally recoated. Only thing was I noticed some stoppage coming from the fuel port so I pulled and swapped for another, immaculate tank I acquired and never bothered fixing this one. The coating was $140 alone and reders basically a brand new tank. I think if someone took something like the housing for a choke cable and put it in a drill and cleaned out the port, it would work great. I guess I could take a stab at this. I would love to recoupe something for this but either way, and shipping would be a little exspensive (proibably $50-70). This is the one with the four emissions ports on all four corners, not all right next to the filler neck like the later models. But they are interchangable with proper movement of the emissions hoses (I run a late model in my '71 currently).

EDIT - I cleaned out the port last night and its working great. First reasonable offer gets it...

- F Bellhousing - good for a SM465 or 420 swap

- Bucket 'O Harness, a 5 gallon bucket with most of my OEM '71 FJ55 wiring harness which was actually in decent shape, but is now in some peieces... Also a bunch of misc OEM relays in there. First person who wants gets it otherwise goes in the trash...

Last edited:
I'm interested in the tank and the harness. Is the tank coated inside?

I would say I'm interested in the tank, but it looks like cruiser_guy already beat me to it. That's okay though, because it is for the exact same cruiser.

Cheers :)

Sorry guys I have been asleep at the wheel here. I did get an offer from a guy in CT but no confirmation, he wants a quote on shipping. I would almost say best offer gets it, I can probably get it shipped for I think $60 or something like that (??). If I could strap it to a pallet and ship via Forward Air it would be cheaper. The tank is coated on the inside. I am also going to open up that opening and the tank should be nice and reliable..

OK I cleaned up the tank port and it is working great. Something was definetely stuck in there. First reasonable offer gets it... Andre

tank

I will take it Andre and save you the hassle of shipping.

Let me know what you need out of it.

Kaleb Galbraith

Utah

Free or Cheap FJ55 / FJ40 parts

Cleaning house here and have some things I have been holding on to for "way" too long... Ideally I'd love to get "something" for them but at the same time I am considering taking it all to the dump so first offer gets it, plus cost of shipping (probably the killer on most of this stuff). I can ship FedEx ground though so most of this stuff should actually not be too bad...

- Grey rear FJ55 seats, upper and lower portion and in very clean shape, no rips or tears, just needs a good wipe down. These are the OEM vinyl...

- A '71 FJ55 gas Tank. Was coated with a light layer of rust so I took in and had professionally recoated. Only thing was I noticed some stoppage coming from the fuel port so I pulled and swapped for another, immaculate tank I acquired and never bothered fixing this one. The coating was $140 alone and reders basically a brand new tank. I think if someone took something like the housing for a choke cable and put it in a drill and cleaned out the port, it would work great. I guess I could take a stab at this. I would love to recoupe something for this but either way, and shipping would be a little exspensive (proibably $50-70). This is the one with the four emissions ports on all four corners, not all right next to the filler neck like the later models. But they are interchangable with proper movement of the emissions hoses (I run a late model in my '71 currently).

EDIT - I cleaned out the port last night and its working great. First reasonable offer gets it...

- F Bellhousing - good for a SM465 or 420 swap

- Bucket 'O Harness, a 5 gallon bucket with most of my OEM '71 FJ55 wiring harness which was actually in decent shape, but is now in some peieces... Also a bunch of misc OEM relays in there. First person who wants gets it otherwise goes in the trash...
How much for the rear seats I’m in Washington state ? I could use that wiring harness I think it should work on a 1970 fj55

A new record in reviving an old, dead thread.

Do you do car batteries and cats too? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom