Free Land Cruiser Stuff....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just kidding.

I bought replacement outbound dash air vents for my 200. Vent adjustment thingies are broken off and pretty tricky to super glue back. Anyhoo.......

They appear to be a snap in affair other than a lip on the bottom.

Anyone have access to a schematic for removal/replacing or better yet an instructional video that lacks pop country background music?

I thank you in advance. - dukmon

Wait....please tell me you are trying to get rid of your old ones, because I NEED one! My vent adjuster thingy fell off and was lost by the previous owner.

As in thingy, you mean up/down/left/right, correct? Not on and off.

Yes, the up down left right thingy.

As to fixing them, it is easy to do if you have all the parts. Just pull the vent out, and there are a few clips that hold the vent to the vent body (4 I think). Once I got mine apart, I used a little dab of super glue on the "thingy" before I clipped the the parts back together. Better than new now.

Just make sure everything is aligned back to center before you pop everything back together.

But, like I said above, the previous owner lost the "thingy" so there is no way for me to fix them.

I know this thingy you speak of, which you're missing. That would be the outer portion of said thingy which you place your fingers on to adjust..... is it not?

Yes.

The outer part separates from the inner part. The inner part usually just falls back into the vent, and the outer part gets lost.

Use this tutorial to get your vents out:

And then just use trial and error to get the vent mechanism apart. There were just 4 clips on my vent (rear passenger).

It is my left of steering wheel, driver's side vent that is still missing a "thingy" though.

this is a very deep conversation going on in here - I gotta go

It appears we are on the same wave link here MS....... could it be because we're southern and enjoy bourbon?

Tell you what; I have close to $300 tied up in these new vents. That's right, you heard correctly. Makes me want to kick Toyota square in their grape bag. Of my two hemorrhaged vents, I am pretty certain one of them has the thingy you're needing. I was going to leverage you posting the previously requested video as payment but while typing this reply, I see that you have.

So long as there is no pop country background music in that video, the thingy is all yours.

But... I must admit, if I find the second thingy, I'm going to try the super glue route once more. It's the American thing to do and I love my country. I just don't love pop country.

haha! No, you get back in here and contribute to this highly informative and technical thread!

Last edited:
Well, that is mighty fine of you. I would try and fix it yourself, and then take the new vents back (if they will let you).

Otherwise, the thingy will probably fit in a small envelope. :)

Sorry my friend, but unless the front portions of my thingies dropped somewhere down inside the vent thingy, mine too are missing. I will investigate further sometime soon. I poked and prodded the thing with my 100's key (it's vents are just fine, wife puts a foot on the passenger side all the time) and this is what I saw:
iphone 2 1258.jpg
iphone 2 1263.jpg

Maybe there is a TSB on this?

Was the thingies on your Green 200 that way when you bought it? Mine were......

Thats what mine look like. :bang:

The adjuster was missing on my 200 when I bought it (used).

I'm sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm missing a few vent adjuster thingies in the front. Are they available separately, I can't seem to find a part number or do I need to purchase the whole vent?
Any chance the 100 series adjusters are the same? - nope, not the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom