Free junk for local pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40Jim said:
Yes, they are staying on that chassis.

If you dig around in the steering linkage pile, there's probably others you can use.

Don't blame ya', they look in decent shape. Ordered all new TREs from CCOT and just need some pipe in between that isn't rust welded.

Kewl, thanks Jim stoked to visit TLC Skunkworks. Makes a nice little field trip for a noob..

Jim,

YES!!! I'll be up this Sunday afternoon as well to pick up the wheels. They match the set I already have but are in far better shape. Did someone want the tires? If so I'll bring the tire machine along and dismount them while I'm there (can bring it anyway if you need tires moved around on steel rims).

I'll see if I can get the F motor crank out and bring it for you as well.

Nick

Hey Nick,
Great, we'll see you sunday. Bring the tire tool, if you want to remove the tires. They actually have a lot (all?) of the original tread remaining, and hold air. I don't want to pay to dispose, if you have any use for them.

While on the subject, I also need to break 4 tires off some rims, and install 4 used 33" BFG's that are waiting. Maybe we can do that if it doesn't involve too much sweating w/ the manual changer.

Yes, I am still looking for a good crank w/ thread on balancer. Also looking for one good later 2F rod.

Nick...If you don't want to make a special trip...We can talk Mark into picking up the wheels and I will bring them back down this way towards the end of the month. Sept 24.

phishtaco said:
Nick...If you don't want to make a special trip...We can talk Mark into picking up the wheels and I will bring them back down this way towards the end of the month. Sept 24.

Oh yeah...certainly can do that and glad to help. Let me know.

Jim,

Manual tire changer? I don't think so...:grinpimp: I have a Coats 1010 air powered tire machine. As long as the wheels are steel (or you don't mind some scratched aluminum) I can swap the tires. Do I need to bring an air compressor too? ;)

Marty,

I figured on picking those springs up along the way for Mark if that's cool. I have several stops to make up that way so it's worth the trip for me. Heck, I really wanna get out of the house for a day anyway.

Mark,

If I don't run into you at Jim's I'll swing by the house (or do you prefer the shop?) and drop the springs off.

See you folks Sunday...

Nick

Nick,
Bring it on.
We WILL be peeling the 31's off and installing the 33"s when you're here. :grinpimp:

I can provide compressed air and electricity. Heck, we've even got heat and AC in the shop now.:cool:

Nick,

House would be fine, but I'll see you down at Skunkworks for the field trip :)

Nick...I'll put the springs on the porch if I'm not around.

Gents,

Looks like I'll be heading for Lancaster AKA Jims Carburator Emporium first. I'll try and get there around 9:30am. I gotta hit the road for Findlay and a meeting with Warren by noon. I'll have Mark's springs from Marty. Hopefully I can hand them over personally otherwise I'll leave them with Jim or at some other prearranged location. If folks have anything for Warren I'll be happy to hand it off to him.

See everyone Sunday!

Nick

Last edited:
whoa that means you'll be by my house at 730...I'll probably be up but the springs will be on the porch.

Marty,

Yep, kinda early. Nope, I don't wanna bother Jen or the (hopefully) sleeping children. Please leave the springs on the porch so I don't have to bother anyone. I'll do my best not to drop them on the porch floor...

Jim,

Don't worry about coffee for me. I'll have hit at least one Starbucks by the time I get to Lancaster... If Warren is gonna meet me in CBus I'm also gonna back my arrival time up to 10am unless there's a reason to do otherwise.

Nick

Thanks for stopping by this morning, Nick, Warren and Mark.:cool:

Warren got a wheel, mark got some tires, Nick got some wheels & a relay, i got some wheels & tires.:grinpimp:

see updated first post of remaining junk.

FJ40Jim said:
[*]3- 33" buckshot mudders on white 15x8 wagon wheels. (Gave one to warren as a spare)[/LIST].

:beer:

So all that and you gave me the crappiest rim for my spare:)

I made it home in time for the BBQ. 1.5 hours after it started

Thanks Guys.

Thanks everyone for a great time. Really enjoyed seeing ya'll. Jim's place is kewl:cool:

Hey Jim,

Am i out of luck on the 31'' tires? I wasn't sure when i was supposed to come down to get them so i sent ya a PM. If the are still available let me know i will come down this weekend to get them.

IF not and Mark you get them and dont want the tires i could use them

- Jason

Tripower389 said:
Hey Jim,

Am i out of luck on the 31'' tires? I wasn't sure when i was supposed to come down to get them so i sent ya a PM. If the are still available let me know i will come down this weekend to get them.

IF not and Mark you get them and dont want the tires i could use them

- Jason

Not the same set of tires Jason..the ones you are after are still at Jim's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom