Free junk for local pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tlcperformance.com
Updated! 4/2/07
Free junk that is going to the scrapper:
  • 1 10 cubic inch (large displacement) york compressor. Great for onboard air.
  • 1 mini-york compressor. also good for OBA, but slightly smaller external size.
  • 2 79-87 2F exhaust manifolds
  • FJ60 frt axle housing.
  • 1 pair good stock springs from 78 FJ40. 5-leaf, don't remember if that's F or R.
Going to the dump very soon. LMK if interested.

:beer:

Last edited:
FJ40Jim said:
Free junk that is going to the scrapper:
  • 1978 FJ40 rear axle housing w/ backing plates
  • non-US (no EGR) 3pc exhaust manifold
  • 5 flattop pistons, 1mm oversize, for F engine, VGC
  • 4 15x8 steel wagon wheels w/ 31" bias mud tires. Old Junk.
Going to the dump very soon. LMK if interested.

:beer:

I want the housing..

Can it work on my 73 with the offset pumpkins? I mean, do I have to change anything at the tcase to get centered pumpkin?

JuttyShabango said:
I want the housing..

Can it work on my 73 with the offset pumpkins? I mean, do I have to change anything at the tcase to get centered pumpkin?
The 73 and 78 rear housings are identical, both offset.

FJ40Jim said:
You gonna come and get it? It's too heavy and big to ship.

how about just the no.6 side/piece of it. will that piece fit into a smog version of the manifold? only difference looks like the egr version has 4 rings and the non has 2 between the "wings"
maxi%20monster.jpg

Tripower389 said:
I'll come pick up the Bias Ply mudders.
- Jason
Jason, these are the red/brown rims that were holding up that old chassis behind the shop. Their yours if you want 'em.

NOT the Buckshot Muds on white wagons, keeping those for now.

Jim,

Thats fine I one of my cleveland friends is looking for some mudders.

- jason

Jason, Do you need the rims? I can use a set of 8 inchers if they are cruiser spec.

Let me know.

Thanks I can "swing" Down to pick them up.

Zeta,
The rims are 15x8 steel wagons. but, they are old school w/ heavy centers, prolly Jackman wheels from the '70's. Also, they are currently on a drum brake cruiser. Don't know how much caliper grinding is necessary to make them fit on a disc frt axle. If you don't want the tires, we can run into town when you come get them and have the tires peeled & disposed.

Jackman wheels?! Dude! I have 4 of those and would love to get another couple to go with them! I have 4 nice wagon wheels for Warren if he'll leave the Jackman wheels alone! :D Otherwise Jackman wheels fit disk brake front ends with either an 1/8" spacer and no grinding or some minor caliper grinding with no spacers.

Can you get a picture of a wheel for me Jim? I'll bring my tire machine up and remove the tires if'n you want.

Nick

I can pass on the Jackman wheels no problem, I just need to find a cheap set of Cruiser wheels that are 8" or wider, My brother wants to unload a newer set of 35" MTRs. But I dont think the FJ 60 wheels I have are wide enough. I dont really want to grind anything off of the 2 year old 0 mile calipers we all helped put on!!!

I think I can make a Columbus trip in a week or so. Nick I could drive to jims if needed. Pick up the wheels and heater ducts. and send you the money ahead of time.

Jim probably hasnt had a good laugh in a while too since I be moved north.

SIDE BAR: Jim do you still have that full roll cage guarding your wood stove? Wanna get rid of it?

Like a dumb A$$ I would rather drive down with a trailer and buy gas, than use the company car with free gas.

Warren,

I have a set of 15x8 white wagon wheels made by Kelsey Hayes (OE wheel manufacturer). Yours if you want them. They're a little dirty but otherwise in great shape. PM me with details on a trip down. I can plan to meet both you and Jim in the CBus area that way. Mark might even get his springs if Marty doesn't make it there before then. I think I have a crank for Jim as well...

Nick

Otay, I will take those wheels nick, let me know what you want for them. Most likely trip will be in at least a week or so. I will give everyone advanced notice when I can make it down and we can coordinate.

Our house sold in Cbus, and I deposited the $$ today. Wifey said the cruiser fund is funded again.

Okay, I know I will be in Cincy on Oct. 25, 26 and 27 for a fire Seminar.

In Evendale to be exact. i will work on getting down there quicker. but if needed, I can be the parts runner for people. as long as they fit in my trunk.

I could get those rims, and pick up the crank and springs and drop them at Jims and Marks on my way back....

let me know if that will work out.

Just sold the old lawnmower for 50 bucks. Well theres my new winch parts anyway.

Well I've missed this thread.....
I can be the middle cincy man for any of this...
Warren...I live minutes from Evendale, so if you wanna get a drink or dinner I'll be around.
Mark..will get his springs oneway or another. I'm sure I'll be making a trip up north eventually. Anyone got my extra buckeye tix? Anyway I can at least send them up with my brother or parents. I'm sure they'll all be done here to see the new baby if it ever decides to come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom