Free FJ40 Body Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any one want any of this? i could use the fenders.

What the hell, I called and left a message. Waiting to hear back

Got a call back, sounds like it is scrap unless you have some welding skills. The edge of the tub where the hardtop mounts has been cut off and one of the fenders is cut in two.

Steve was very honest about the condition of what he has.

By the way it's great to hear from you Doug.

That stuff belongs to a friend of mine, Steve - we are putting another body on his truck. There are parts of that tub that could be used to fix other tubs and the other parts could be some donor stuff as well but it's all pretty rusty.

The passenger floor in the tub was great IIRC - so were some of the tub to top interface in the rear/sides but not in the door openings - that is why I did not want to rebuild the tub.

Last edited:
I can pick it up next week if any one is interested. I''ll put it with the rest of the rusty LC junk.

Chris

That stuff belongs to a friend of mine, Steve - we are putting an Aqualu body on his truck. There are parts of that tub that could be used to fix other tubs and the other parts could be some donor stuff as well but it's all pretty rusty.

The passenger floor in the tub was great IIRC - so were some of the tub to top interface in the rear/sides but not in the door openings - that is why I did not want to rebuild the tub.

Is this the Steve who's 40 was used to feed horses? If so, I'm glad to see he's making progress.

Is this the Steve who's 40 was used to feed horses? If so, I'm glad to see he's making progress.

Yea, he is about my age and bought the truck in high school so he's had it for a long time. 20 years or so. About 10 years ago the motor died and sat in a field for a while. The horses used to drink the water out of the wheel wells and eat hay out of the back or something to that effect.

The truck has also been impaled by some sort of a rail road barrier.

It's had a hard life.

He got a used motor from Gary Schumacher and it runs pretty darn well after Wisam and I sorted out a few things.

By the way it's great to hear from you Doug.

Thanks Tom! I'm still lurking until I can figure out a way to unscrew myself from the mistake of selling my FJ40.

Indeed! I have one lined up to look at this weekend....we'll see how that goes. 1968, in pieces....in Clifton.

Wish me luck!

Good luck Doug! That'd be awesome if you got another 40 because then we can be friends again. :steer:;)

Just think, then you can help put all those pieces back together again. :wrench::wrench:

Just think, then you can help put all those pieces back together again. :wrench::wrench:

Just think, Doug will, once again, have an excuse to invite Dan to come over with his Silver Slapper.

:flipoff2:

Yep, I thought having an FJ40 was too much work for me...but without one, I still have just as much crap to do. What up widdat?

I'm sure I'll need the silver slapper, the welder, the shorty 12, a box of fuses, liquid wrench, etc...etc...etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom