Free Door Straps. Sad Day for the Cruiser Brotherhood. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the same guy that does the vin plates too right? Guess I’ll be finding a new source when the time comes. That really sucks I’ve been disappointed by things like this but on a much smaller scale. Sending good cruiser karma your way!

This is the same guy that does the vin plates too right? Guess I’ll be finding a new source when the time comes. That really sucks I’ve been disappointed by things like this but on a much smaller scale. Sending good cruiser karma your way!

Yep same guy. I am bummed too, I was surprised he did it after I held my word by leaving work driving there, then when this started to go down, he knew the situation with the additional shop and still said fxxx it.

1 week ago today @majojo4 posted that he was selling his projects, early FJ40s. Being that he was in The same state (Oregon) I responded.
I took the rest of the day off work and drove to his house to look at what he had. That was a 6 hour round trip of driving. We worked out a deal and I agreed to pay his full asking price if he helped me clean up some of the sketch paperwork on one of the 40s. He agreed. He also gave me a set of the door straps that he reproduces for several companies. This is the tech part we're these even in hardtop models?
I spent the remainder of the week dealing with logistics on moving the lot of parts and where to keep them. I have a 40x40 shop that is full for a work space.
I secured additional shop space 45x45 and signed the lease today to put these 40s. This afternoon I texted Mike to work on logistics.
This was his response....
View attachment 1586323

Feel like I've had a string of bad luck lately but nothing like yours. First the 2F and four speed that was stolen in AZ and now this. Wish I would have been at our home in the Phoenix area good chance I would have bought it before it was stolen.

Yea kinda weird. I am pretty lucky most of the time.
None of that stuff out of Desert Fab ever popped up. Sucks!
I did put new locks on the new storage area today. Hopefully no one get at the 45 I have in there.

Poor misrepresentation of Oregonians. We need to expell that guy to California. More square mileage for him to be a D bag and hopefully not effect anyone.

It would have been nice if he at least offered you a chance to meet the bigger offer. If in fact he came out and blatantly said he screwed you- that is intentionally being very cruel. If you have actual texts verifying the agreement between the two of you, I believe legal recourse for such a terrible action can be taken. You had a written agreement, you made financial investment because of such, and then he did not live up to his side of the agreement.

Dude, that sucks. It's worth pointing out that, in some situations/states, verbal contracts can be legally binding. Great luck with your new space!

The right thing to do would to have honored the deal. Second but not as good would to have given the gut that got screwed the extra pile of cash he made over the first sale.

Poor misrepresentation of Oregonians. We need to expell that guy to California. More square mileage for him to be a D bag and hopefully not effect anyone.

you mean, SO cal... we got no use for his ilk here in Nor cal...

The right thing to do would to have honored the deal. Second but not as good would to have given the gut that got screwed the extra pile of cash he made over the first sale.

in Trumps America? dream on, buddy. it's all downhill from here.

Sorry to hear this. You invest your time and energy and dude does not give a s***. I feel your frustration.

@LAMBCRUSHER you have pointed out my error. NorCal is part of Cascadia. Send him south! @RustyNailJustin im not trying to make light of your situation so please don’t take offense. I hate to hear of events like this. It continues to highten my distrust for people even though 99% of the folks I’ve met in the LC world are stand up.

Justin - I really appreciated you and Phil helping and holding the FJ45 he had given the similar long drive I needed to check it out. That’s the way this should work. I can’t help much but I still plan to check in for stuff once I get my act together with the resto. Paul

Think what is missing here is the third party who came in after a deal was made and offered the cash to cut in on the deal. He is just as bad as the seller. If it turns out to be a vendor the LC community needs to know who he is. I know I wouldn't deal with someone who sneaks in late and cuts the original buyer out. Good chance someone will find out who he is.

Sorry to hear this Justin!!

“My word is my bond” has become “its all about da bucks”.

Your actions are honorable... people know that... it matters.

Hi, Unfortuntely this happens to all of us ,even on this site. Sorry it happened to you. Go through the stages of grief and then go find a better deal ,there out there .Mike

“My word is my bond” has become “its all about da bucks”..

Danny has that right.
Greed is killing this country. Honor shouldn't have a price tag, especially in the cruiser community.
Best of luck Justin. I'm sure a better deal with a better seller is in your future. Happy Holidays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom