Fred–Matt–Cam–John READ THIS! GSMTR Details (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There has been a lot of discussion and confusion about departure times, routes & meeting locations. I’ve negotiated with Cam for what I feel is still too early, but he feels is too late. So this is it.

Tim, Fred, Matt – meet NLT 0630 Sunday Morning at Goochland Safety Rest Area West Interstate 64 westbound at mile marker 168.

We need to roll out by 0630 to rendevous with Cam & John at 0730 at the Charlottesville Safety Rest Area West at Interstate 64 westbound at mile marker 113.

We will be following the I81 Route through Knoxville. I expect with fuel stops, our route, and our slow moving group that we will have an 11 hour drive from Charlottesville. This should put us at Crawfords around 1830.

Please reply so that I know you have read this. If this is too early, complain to Cam. If it is too late, complain to me.

Tim

I feel left out, I want to play!!! Hope all of you have a good trip.
Tim don't forget to let me know how the roads are the last 50 miles or so.

I will be there as soon as I can. I am sitting here at work, I have written up 6 cars and have nothing else coming in today and only two schedualed for Friday. If this keeps up I will be down earlier in the week.

Wish me luck that the 95 fairy will bring me some destressed motorist that I can get back on the road for a minimal amout say $1500 worth of work or so so I can pay for the trip to Tellico when I get back. Untill then I will be surfing the web waiting paitently for photos of what I am missing.

see you all soon,

Rob

Shouldn`t that that the 95 fairy are good and no destressed motorist and we see you monday.

I guess that`s fine with me . I wll meet Cam a RT3 and procees to 64.
Why not just leave today and be done with it. We can finish things up in camp
or on the trail.

Sounds good to me, although 11 hours from charlottesville seems off, mapquest says like 8 and a half hours from richmond!

Has there been any talk about going in together for food?

-Matt

sounds good

John, Tim, and the two coming with us will meet at 6:00 am sunday morning at sheetz gas station @ Route 3 and Route 20

Cam - looks like Patrick is out of town this weekend. Can I leave the "red vehicle" at your place for a few days? Colleen says that she and Patrick can pick it up sometime during the week.

From Fredericksburg to downtown Knoxville is 528 miles - typically takes me 7.5-8.5 rollin w/ 2 short stops. If we're going out I-75 add an hour to get through town especially during evening "rush"; if 81 to 40 east into NC we miss the ridiculous K-town traffic.

departure time

The plans are good for me, I will be at the rest area at 6:30 AM Sunday morning.

Are we straight on a grill, do we need addition hardware or supplies.

Tim, I know you are top of things , let me know if we are short on anything.
Looking forward to a great week of wheeling:bounce: , camping, cookouts and :beer: .

The 10 day weather looks pretty good for tellico plains. Some rain chances Weds and Friday but not high percentages.

I will checkout the the forum Saturday evening for any last minute plan changes. See you then.

Fred

I just found out I have a large chunk missing out of one of my Iroks. Sidewall. leaking air, I just ordered a new one today, I will have it by lunch. It is always great to add an extra $200 bucks to the trip. I guess I will be ordering a set of 8 inch wheels soon as well.

Anyone want a brad new 36 irok on a 16 wheel. It looks like I now have another new spare. I will put a patch on the 37 and let it go.

I also have 3-4 inch sparks shooting out of my coil pack which I found last night after taking a little test drive. Nothing like thinking you are ready only to find out there is more to do.

I will be there.

Rob

New tire is on and done! whats next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom