Builds FRANK THE TANK - Landcruiser panel van build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could you do an episode list with the numbers and what is covered in each? Too much to just watch everything.

So I've got to episode 20. Engine sounds really nice, got some deep thunder in that exhaust!
I'm not sure if you know this, but seeing the rear disc internal handbrake, wondering if the 60 series
full floater could take that as an upgrade or not or whether it would widen the axle too much.
Something for me to look into. I'm happy with my rear drums, upgrade might be nice.
Is there any video of it actually on the street running yet?

So I've got to episode 20. Engine sounds really nice, got some deep thunder in that exhaust!
I'm not sure if you know this, but seeing the rear disc internal handbrake, wondering if the 60 series
full floater could take that as an upgrade or not or whether it would widen the axle too much.
Something for me to look into. I'm happy with my rear drums, upgrade might be nice.
Is there any video of it actually on the street running yet?

It's super loud at the moment because it's only running with the headers on. I'm trying not to let it run too much as it has no 02 sensors in, so it's super rich. Hoping to get it to the exhaust show this week.

I've upped the rear axel studs from 8mm to 10mm, so hopefully that'll be enough for the mean time. I can't see myself driving it KOTH style anyway :)

Not that I've used it properly yet, but I have installed the Superior dogbones and handbrake lever upgrade. I'm told it's a huge difference.

Could you do an episode list with the numbers and what is covered in each? Too much to just watch everything.

It's on the to do list (honestly)
When it's finished I'll do one of those "Build in 10 minutes" compilations too.

Superior dogbones and handbrake lever upgrade
Link to sources for those? Too many acronyms, not sure what KOTH is, but must have something to do with Hoon! LOL!

Boxer - I have unrelated idea. How is the Frank build going along? Any updates?
I'd like to send you a pm with my idea. Rather not bring it up here. J

How come the shifter unit is so high? No way to settle it a bit closer to the floor?
Memory test, where can I see how that air cleaner cover got the lid pipe upgrade?
That would flow nicely!

How come the shifter unit is so high? No way to settle it a bit closer to the floor?
Memory test, where can I see how that air cleaner cover got the lid pipe upgrade?
That would flow nicely!

I did that on purpose as I didn’t want to have the shifter miles away, plus it still uses the factory Holden shifter rod. The final position is really nice, I can’t wait to fit the trimmed console.

I didn’t honestly film a lot of the airbox mods as I was sick at the time and trying to get it done. It’s basically a 4-inch mandrel bend on top and a 4-inch inlet. Should Flow nicely

Hey all,

Bit late to the party posting this as it’s getting closer to completion, but I figured some people might be interested. I’ve been on here a while, I’ve just been more of a reader than a poster. Will try harder :)

I’ve had my 80 since 2010 and I’m the second owner. The first owner and his wife towed caravan around Australia with it a ton of times, so it’s has over 600,000km on it. A couple of years ago I decided to give it a birthday starting with the suspension and tyres, then made my own bars and fitted a Mark’s part time kit.

Last year I was approached by Burson Auto Parts here as they wanted to support a build in my YouTube channel HoonTV. I pitched the crazy idea that I wanted to turn it into a panel van and right now with the help of some great friends, it’s about a week away from firing up with the new 6-litre engine combo.

To check out the build, you can go to the build playlist in the channel, or follow HoonTV on Instagram.

FRANK THE TANK - Landcruiser panel van build

View attachment 2286154
Wow, this is amazing. Never seen anything like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom