Francis Marion State Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in Wilmington but loading the wife and kids in the lx and driving down for the eclipse. I am staying in Pawleys Island and was hoping to find a decent place in the park to pull over and set up a camp for a few hours.

Does anyone know if this is even an option? I am sure with the eclipse there will be tons of people thinking the same thing. I just don't want to go too close to Charleston and get caught in bumper to bumper traffic both ways on the same day.

Thanks in advance!

we are going to try to go to the lowcountry stargazers viewing party at Old Santee Canal Park. We are coming down on Sunday and staying at the Oak Plantation Campground. I figure we will head up to the park about 9am on Monday.

They also have a viewing party in mt pleasant. that would be our plan b.
http://www.lowcountrystargazers.org/p/ec.html
Lowcountry Stargazers: 2017 Solar Eclipse

Lowcountry Stargazers

1:16pm
Solar Eclipse Event
WhenMon, August 21, 1:16pm – 4:09pm
WhereOld Santee Canal Park, 900 Stony Landing Rd, Moncks Corner, SC 29461, USA (map)
DescriptionThe Lowcountry Stargazers will be at two different locations around Charleston for the August 21st eclipse. We will have telescopes set up at Palmetto Islands County Park in Mount Pleasant, and Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner. The eclipse begins at 1:16pm and ends at 4:09pm, with maximum eclipse at 2:47pm. Old Santee Canal Park is located at 900 Stoney Landing Road, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. The park opens at 9am and there is a $3 admission fee. Our members will be there early, and plan to do some solar observing before the eclipse. Total eclipse will last 2m34s at this location. Traffic is expected to be heavy, and it is recommended that wherever you plan to view the eclipse, you should get there early. For more info, please visit our eclipse page
more details» copy to my calendar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom