For Sale France LHD 1994 HZJ75 Pickup with only 104,000km (65k miles) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
You can go months without seeing one like this, now suddenly there's two available in France. This one's even lower miles than the other one I put up the other day. Same deal: not mine, no affiliation. I just know there's always guys looking for these pickups and there are usually damn few LHD ones available in Europe that are old enough to legally import to the USA. If nothing else, it's good to keep an eye on the market for these so you know what can be had for how much money.

Seller is asking 29,000 Euro (about US$35k today), which is maybe a little high by the time you get it to the USA and pay the "chicken tax", but hey, it's only got 65,000 miles on it--it's barely broken in. Seriously, I'd want to see some documentation on the mileage, and also some detailed photos to see if there's any appreciable rust, but if a guy was serious about wanting one of these, this one might be worth inquiring about. Seller claims to have a pile of receipts for recent maintenance (details in the ad).

With the exception of the black bits around the lower part of the bed, the paint looks to be original (the graphics are). I can't like the seller's choice of wheels/tires, but that's easy to remedy. Coming from northern Europe as this one does, I'd be sure to ask if it has a/c (might not).

This one is very near (reasonably so, anyway) the port in Zeebrugge, so transporting it in Europe shouldn't be terribly expensive.

The ad is here:

Not many photos in the ad, but here they are:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

If you want to get it, see here for how to do it:

A huge part of me wants to attempt this import. As of now the truck shows available. It's not 4 door which I am ultimately looking for, but damn wouldn't this be a fun project.

29,000 Euro? I understand it's rarity, however it's probably $40Kish by the time it's get here. Ouch, that being said I'd love to have it. What a cool truck.

So tempting. If I was in Colorado full time this would be my "new" ranch truck, of course after some reasonably negotiations.

So tempting. If I was in Colorado full time this would be my "new" ranch truck, of course after some reasonably negotiations.
My experience after buying 70 series in Europe for a few decades now is that if you can get 10% off the asking price you are lucky , most people stick to their guns because everybody and their dog are reaching out to them so they all believe they have something "valuable" . The bargain days are behind us and the 70 series will continue to go up in value in Europe as they haven't been available trough the Toyota dealerships for almost a decade now

In about 4 months you'll have another contact in Europe if you need another set of eyes or a place to store a vehicle.
Assuming Italy isn't still locked down.
Not much else in Italy then some LJ's and a bunch of VM BJ73's unfortunately , at least in the Northern part around the lakes where I spend most of my childhood summer vacations.

If you travel a little further south in Italy, there's a fair amount of 13B-T powered BJ70's available. Some with cable lockers and suspension seats.

Never saw any 70-series pickups in Italy, and only one Troopy (which had been brought over from Africa).

My experience after buying 70 series in Europe for a few decades now is that if you can get 10% off the asking price you are lucky , most people stick to their guns because everybody and their dog are reaching out to them so they all believe they have something "valuable" . The bargain days are behind us and the 70 series will continue to go up in value in Europe as they haven't been available trough the Toyota dealerships for almost a decade now
This was exactly my experience. I found a BJ75 in NL with rust and beaten and battered for EUR 19.000 or so and the pre-purchase inspector concluded, "don't buy this garbage, the frame is split and the compression sucks", so I offered the seller EUR 15.000 and he said to bugger off, so I walked. I am glad I did and was lucky to find the red truck already stateside, even though that seller was even worse than the gentlemen in the Netherlands.

This was exactly my experience. I found a BJ75 in NL with rust and beaten and battered for EUR 19.000 or so and the pre-purchase inspector concluded, "don't buy this garbage, the frame is split and the compression sucks", so I offered the seller EUR 15.000 and he said to bugger off, so I walked. I am glad I did and was lucky to find the red truck already stateside, even though that seller was even worse than the gentlemen in the Netherlands.
We both got lucky with our finds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom