For Sale France 1993 HZJ75 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Not mine, no affiliation, etc, etc. 1993 HZJ75 Troop Carrier, looks to be in not-too-bad condition. Not many 1HZ Troopies show up for sale in Europe that are old enough to legally import to the USA. This one's probably worth a look. If you're seriously interested, PM me--I know a guy in Belgium who can arrange to get it shipped to a USA port for you.

Seller's asking 18,500 Euro (or about US$22,000), which isn't terrible if it's in good shape. Comes from a relatively dry and warm region of France, so there's a good chance rust might be minimal. Inquiries should be made, though.

The ad is here:

Some photos for posterity:

3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

You seem very knowledgeable/ aware of the Troopy market. I have contemplated importing one into Canada for some time now, and am close to pulling the trigger on a 2000 HZJ78. I am leary of the 400,000 + km on it, but all else seems reasonably good. How concerned should I be about the abundance of km?

Hard to say. It’s a lot of km’s, but how the truck has been maintained is at least (if not more) important. A well cared for truck with that kind of mileage should still have a fair amount of life left in it. On the other hand, if the maintenance was ignored or sloppy, a truck with those km’s could need just about anything (or everything) repaired or replaced. Your best bet would be to find a third party who could do a pre-purchase inspection for you.

You seem very knowledgeable/ aware of the Troopy market. I have contemplated importing one into Canada for some time now, and am close to pulling the trigger on a 2000 HZJ78. I am leary of the 400,000 + km on it, but all else seems reasonably good. How concerned should I be about the abundance of km?

This one has been posted for a very long time (at least since April 2020)... there must be a reason for it. All I'm going to say! :)

This one has been posted for a very long time (at least since April 2020)... there must be a reason for it. All I'm going to say! :)
Unfortunately often people keep listings up long after the actual car/bike/boat/tractor has sold just to get more inquieries in . All to often I see things still listed that I know sold many moons ago either to me or someone I know.

I am looking to buy a used tractor now and it seems that a lot of US sellers like to use this practice also with everytime the same excuse "it just sold an hour ago" but then they renew the listing a few days later !

Wow... That's actually pretty sad.

It's pathetic, but dealers here in the USA do it, too. The idea is that if you claim you have a car that's rare or popular, it will drive more customers to your sales lot. Just this week a friend overseas wanted me to check dealer stock on a car he'd found online, only to find that it was "long gone". The ad's still up.

It's pathetic, but dealers here in the USA do it, too. The idea is that if you claim you have a car that's rare or popular, it will drive more customers to your sales lot. Just this week a friend overseas wanted me to check dealer stock on a car he'd found online, only to find that it was "long gone". The ad's still up.

or is it to lure in customers and sell them something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom