Frames- woudn't it be great.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventuretoolcompany.com
My local Toyota dealership is doing frame replacements on Tacoma's.....wouldn't it be great if we could get new 60 frames!!
image-2267969255.jpg

Start a poll: How many would pay and how much?

Seeing as how even the most do-it-yourself frame preservation is a couple hundred bucks, and I know there's much, much more than that spent swapping in, galvanizing, boxing up frames, what is a new one worth to anyone here?

I've cut three az frames up because no one would buy them out here. I advertised a frame and straight rust free body on craigslist for 200.00 . Only one reply. He wanted to know if I'd deliver it for that price.
He lived 600 miles away. It met with a sawsall.

I've cut three az frames up because no one would buy them out here. I advertised a frame and straight rust free body on craigslist for 200.00 . Only one reply. He wanted to know if I'd deliver it for that price.
He lived 600 miles away. It met with a sawsall.

Same story in So Cal. I personally know of 2 rust free frames and shells that went to the crusher because they couldn't be given away.

Had a perfect rust free frame here in Texas with several good body parts as well that got ZERO bites on. Was unfortunately cut up for scrap after a few months.

Very sad thread! The idea of tossing rust free bodies and frames is blasphemous. Send the, to me in NJ, I will hoard them!

Zack

Very sad thread! The idea of tossing rust free bodies and frames is blasphemous. Send the, to me in NJ, I will hoard them!

Zack
I had the same tought! We could use any rust free bodies/frames in the north east!

How did I not hear about free, straight, rust-free frames?

At $200 I would buy 3, maybe more. Guess I need to follow the classifieds closer.

Anyone still have any of these rare wonders?

There are always rust free frames and bodies showing up in the classifieds. Always the south or out west somewhere.
Devortex had a mint frame for sale that he couldn't give away in Ca.

Problem is just that. They are in places where they aren't needed. So when a truck gets parted out there , the frame and body go the crusher.

I got one slightly modded for a v-8 with AT.
Rust free..
its been laying on blocks on its side in my garage.....
It has been in Classifieds for over a year now..

Don't tell me that Manu! In a few months, I'll have a 60 galvanized and powdercoated frame for sale. I'm hoping mine won't be sitting in the garage for over a year. My wife would kill me!

Someone needs to bring diesel 1/2 cuts from Canada to the SW US and return with clean shells & frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom