Frame vs Body mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered a rear half tub from Landcruiser Heaven last year. I let them know what year of fj40 I had (71). After much work and long hours, It came time to set the body onto the frame. The front half of the tub (original portion) obviously lined up with the mounts, but the new rear half tub (from the door posts back) didn't line up with the frame mounts. I ended up cutting the rear half tub off and ordering a replacement from LCH with very specific measurements from the body mounting positions on my old tub. (measured from the rear sill). The new half tub arrived and after attaching it, it fit perfectly.
MY QUESTION>>>>> Is there a reference guide out there to help with ordering body/tub sections? I still have the first half tub sent by LCH (I went ahead and kept it for a reduced price) Its sitting in my shop. I'm hoping to use it on my next resto. but I'm wondering what years it will fit.

I know this doesn't help you, but I've heard this before and have to wonder if the folks that build replacement tubs and body parts have ever heard of an assembly jig.
If I can stick an OEM 77 tub on a 64 frame (13 years apart), how hard can it be to get the body mounts in the right location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom