Frame rot help- (1 Viewer)

Hi - I'm new to the group and I have a 1980 FJ40 that needs frame strengthening . I live in the Port Jefferson LI area. Thanks !

how about some pics of the problem areas?

most likely you will need to find a portable welder or be able to bring it to a welding/fab shop

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
how about some pics of the problem areas?

most likely you will need to find a portable welder or be able to bring it to a welding/fab shop
I guess he got under the truck to take the pics and it collapsed!🤷🏻

Hi - I'm new to the group and I have a 1980 FJ40 that needs frame strengthening . I live in the Port Jefferson LI area. Thanks !

You’re going to need to brace the cantilevered rear spring mounts, replaced the rotted out inner frame rail with new metal, buy patch pieces to replace the last foot of the frame, the triangles under the frame, rear crossmember, & angled braces.

EBay or @Awl_TEQ are likely your best bet for frame replacement parts. I’d buy from @Awl_TEQ if possible as his parts are excellent quality. Although I’ve not physically laid hands on them they appear to be 2nd to none.

This is my recommendation based on the information you’ve provided… with more details we can give you more guidance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom